Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GunnVK 5 Litre Project

GunnVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 5L Project
Haha yeah that does sound better. If money allows I will for sure!

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Aww nice VK, if thats the worst rust in the boot, then you have got a pearla!! Thats nothing, door looks shagged but probably fixable. Might be just as easy to swap a good door but?

Funny as, I saw the H in the back ground too, was trying to think where Ballarat was :p Think a clean start would be the way to go up here too :)

Be keeping an eye on this thread for sure

GunnVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 5L Project
Been having a chat with the old man tonight, another option for the k might be an LS1 :)

GunnVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 5L Project
Yeah or a 355 stroker. I just want something that I can register so yeah still undecided. Just for the ease of things I thought get a 308 for rebuild and register it with the 308 in it then pull it out and stroke it to 355? With some other goodies. Or if i can find an LS1 for a good price get that. Spoke to a bloke the other day he said they can go pretty cheap but I'll need an adaptor plate to move the starter to the other side and a few other things.

GunnVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 5L Project
Been practicing my welds yesterday. Getting their slowly. Decided to leave the motor side of things for now until I find one at a good price. So I'll look at getting a diff and found out my brother is using the brakes so I'll look for some VT ones again.

GunnVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 5L Project
I take back the above post lol, Quick question what engine would better suit the conversion in my VK. A 304 from a VS stato or from a VN SS? Which one will have better performance even though they are the same pretty much? And which easier to put in? I asked this in my other thread but I need an answer soon.

GunnVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 5L Project
Thanks mate! Looks like I'll be picking up a VN 5litre tomorrow for the VK! :) :) :)