Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Has anyone cammed their VF series 2 yet?

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
This all looks really cool and great info. Really want to do this too but sadly at nearly 50 am thinking I am getting to old to use it properly.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
What are we talking about again?

My age and the fact that I think I'm to old to be further modifying my ride. Completely off topic sorry.

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
My age and the fact that I think I'm to old to be further modifying my ride. Completely off topic sorry.

I think revster might have a few years on you Jarp, and he just put a blower on his Calais!

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the effect camming has on resale values?

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the effect camming has on resale values?

It'd reduce the amount of interested buyers compared to a standard one. Sure there are many who look at buying a car with mods already done, but if its still within the warranty period people will be concerned that the mods could negate the warranty if anything went bang, plus they'd wonder how the car was treated seeing as a cam is a performance mod, therefore you'd be enjoying the newly found power.

If you're thinking about resale 5 to 10 years down the track, I don't think it'd be too much of a worry. There's heaps of modded Commodores for sale at the moment with similar prices to standard ones

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
I think it will help resale, the cam sound is a sales pitch , some people fall in love with a car, minute they hear the cammed idle.

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
So, picked up my Redline today and official figures are 336RWKW and 580NM. They recommend to take it easy for a couple of hundred k's, then should all be sweet. Has a very minor "surge" when coming to a stop, but nothing over the top, and it's like a completely different transmission after the tune. More willing to drop back gears in drive, and holds them longer when accelerating. I'm still trying to work out how to post pics, not sure if it's an Apple issue, or me being a dumb ass but can't get anything to load! Think I'll follow flo rida's methodology and post a YouTube link once I get them up, as I'd like some feedback on the dyno run, torque drops around 3800RPM before climbing again at 4000.