Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HBD Sunroof Recall

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
and i'm gonna go with what happens ev time there is a recall.........each dealer only gets enough parts for one car to start them off and then has to order more in..

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Mines booked in for tomorrow at my local Webasto dealer in Sydney..
Only rang them today and they said anytime from tomorrow morning I could book it in.
They say it only takes about 30minutes to fit the new glass.

P

persiandesire

does the new glass have a tint to it ? it looks like mine does atm

illusion

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
z series hsv clubsport 6.0l m6, vxii ls1 calais,
yep all glass is tinted just had mine done today at prestige sunroofs and as of Monday just gone Webasto are also replacing the tracks free of charge so if u go into your dealer and tell them the roof won’t close or open properly they will refer you to a local Webasto dealer for work to be carried out the or else holden will replace the glass for you best part it’s all free mine was very worn now it seals up tight no wind noise saved about $500-$600

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
well ours has been in and done. They forgot to mention it is very tight now - the carpet cover thingo is very stuff to open and close. It also appears to be alot darker then the other glass, its almost impossible to see through.

I noticed the glass has felt all round which is good. Dad is hoping the wind noise is gone, he'll be taking up the freeway tomorrow at 110 so wish us luck, because the wind noise has annoyed us since day one ... that and a rattle holden never believed existed in the roof lining.

illusion

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
z series hsv clubsport 6.0l m6, vxii ls1 calais,
the wind noise in mine was so bad i had to keep it in the tilt position all the time i have been up to 110 and there is the smallest amount of wind noise when the cover is open im really happy with mine now

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
yep all glass is tinted just had mine done today at prestige sunroofs and as of Monday just gone Webasto are also replacing the tracks free of charge so if u go into your dealer and tell them the roof won’t close or open properly they will refer you to a local Webasto dealer for work to be carried out the or else holden will replace the glass for you best part it’s all free mine was very worn now it seals up tight no wind noise saved about $500-$600

Would like to hear of anymore stories about them replacing the tracks? I didn't think the tracks were affected but heck, if they want to....

coolngroovy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
This also affects the VT from '98.
Maybe they are too old to worry about now?

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
Got mine back , took 2 goes for the dealer to get it right , first time they gave it back to me with a 5mm gap along the rear roof to glass edge when it was closed , not happy so took it back , dealer reckons they dont touch that area , how come it had a gap then ??? anyway 2nd time they fixed it , seals perfectly now, just beware that dealers may stuff it up rigging it the first time , make sure it closes fully with no droop at the rear edge....before you take the car away....