Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HBD Sunroof Recall

htmonaro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra, HT Monaro GTS
Anyone know if this affects adventras?? and I presume it would also affect nz cars as well since they are all assembled in oz?

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
anything that has a serial number after the 6000000 and after jan 02 to 09 best ot give them a ring and see

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
mmm, will be looking at mine tomorrow, its 01 but i'll check anyway

Ray De Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SII SSV REDLINE M6
Mine is affected, been sent the same letter. Mine is a 2004 VZ. Just waiting on a free slot at Holden to get car in to be fixed.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
I have done my claim form now just have to contact Holden/HSV or Webasto to book it in for the replacement glass and edging.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Anyone know if this affects adventras?? and I presume it would also affect nz cars as well since they are all assembled in oz?

yes it does affect adventras our LX8 has to go in for its check

cheers
Scott

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
mine goes in tomorrow , they actually just unclip the old glass & frame surround from the mechanism , lift it out & replace it with a new glass & frame, about a one hour job. My question is suppose you have had tint film put on your old glas- you get a new glass with no tint on it!!!!! So you have to get it retinted, another $100 to shell out.....

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
Don't know about aftermarket models, but the Holden manual describes the glass at being tinted at time of installation. Since they're doing a 'new-for-old' replacement, I'd suggest it'll be the same sort of glass.

You could always ask the question when they install it, or specify that the same grade tine be used before its put in.

P

persiandesire

mines going in on saturday but im not sure if mine has a tint to it or noton the sunroof, car was already tinted when i bought it so hopefully its the same or there going to get blasted by me