Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help! i have spark and gas but no start.

speed__demond

slammed and cammed
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vs statesman 5L
okay vr v6
it stoped working a few months back out of nowhere.
I have another car so I left it but im trying to get rid of it now so gota fix it.
it has spark and I replaced the coilpack anyway but didn't make a difference.
I found a broken ground wire above the cas and fixed it but still wont start.

i think the petrol pump is fryed but it has lpg and ive started it many times without petrol it just takes a few seconds.
it has spark, lpg and cranks fine. is there anything else that would stop it firing or is it a matter of it needa petrol considering its been a while.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
If you think it just need the petrol to start you can try a squirt of carb. cleaner or starting fluid into the intake before cranking. Even if it doesn't then run on LPG that will tell you if there is a fuel problem or not.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
check for fault codes (saves replacing things here n there if they don't need replacing)
It's been sitting for a long time, pull all the fuses and relays out and make sure the contacts are clean.

sounds to me like it's lacking compression on atleast 1 cylinder, do a compression test.

only needs 3 things for an engine to start, fuel, spark and compression in the right order.

speed__demond

slammed and cammed
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vs statesman 5L
yee ive cheaked codes many times, and relays and fuses. ill cheak compression I guess