Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Olle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx exec
So i got a new fob/coded and still wont start, doors open/lock but engine turns over with red light flashing over radio ????

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
which option did you use to get programmed
also post 7
press unlock on remote and then try starting straight away

Olle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx exec
Took it to mr minute copy is good got the battery out atm charging.

I'll wind the window down tomoz and try the quick trick,not feeling hopefull though so i think beer is the answer till tomorrow morning (got a day off)

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
you dont need the window open or anything like that
even if car is already unlocked remote just sends a signal to bcm to disable anti theft for about 10 seconds
if key reader is working placing key in ignition also disables anti theft
as new fob was programmed from faulty fob it may be a corrupt copy, just because it unlocks does not mean it is good
no way of knowing where fault/faults lay yet

Olle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx exec
I hear ya ;(
I'll replace the battery in the morning an give it a go,if she no go I'll try the programmer from supercheap.
btw your link above was just for the shell,you need to buy with the key blank to get the internals.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
link works for me

Olle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx exec
Just put fully charged battery back,lock/unlock door,turn key in about 2 seconds,engine cranks but no start light still flashing on cd/radio put radio code in and tried again,same same...... worth reprogramming the key or not ?

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
A few years back I went to our local locksmith to get a new fob...30 minutes and 4 reprograms later, the car still wouldn't start.
Took it to the local holden dealer....15 minutes later I was driving out of there with a new fob.

Olle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx exec
Rang local Holden dealer only $160 to look at the car then extra to fix whatever the problem is oh and the tow as well ;(

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
I've had a new key cut and reprogrammed at mister minute, worked no worries, they had to choose a key number out of 5 or something and took a guess and it worked. I've never experienced it but my understanding is if the immobiliser isn't deactivated the car will actually start and run for a couple of seconds then die. Not sure if yours is actually starting when you say 'cranking'. Also, the VY has the padlock symbol flashing on the dash and goes out when immobiliser deactivated, not sure if same on VX but perhaps you have another problem?