Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register
H

harrop.senator

Yep no trans cooler and cooks third gear up the street and probably would give 4th a go if I was dumb enough .

But ive blown a 2k built one in 30k before lol. They're not the best box in the world but ive never heard of one doing 1 a year without a locked diff or d bombing.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Unless you keep buying ones that have gotten water in them at the wreckers it kills the clutches when they get wet.the tv cable to the throttle should be fully stretched at full throttle or you are driving round with low trans pressure.are you using the same converter each time

kiwimike1972

Mike Hall
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN executive S1
Yep no trans cooler and cooks third gear up the street and probably would give 4th a go if I was dumb enough .

But ive blown a 2k built one in 30k before lol. They're not the best box in the world but ive never heard of one doing 1 a year without a locked diff or d bombing.

Yeah I think I’ve just had a bad run with them. That’s the reason I’m on here; trying to find a better solution or a better trans??

kiwimike1972

Mike Hall
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN executive S1
Unless you keep buying ones that have gotten water in them at the wreckers it kills the clutches when they get wet.the tv cable to the throttle should be fully stretched at full throttle or you are driving round with low trans pressure.are you using the same converter each time

I can’t tell you about the converter as I have a mate who changes them. (Reliable mate) And it’s a gamble when buying from the wreckers so I may end up buying a VN that’s actually running so that I know what I’m getting.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Yeah they are reliable stock my daily vx trans is about to hit 500000km And many vns have been there too.do you know what' failing do they just start slipping bad or loose all drive