Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hidden towball

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
hey guys just leave your ball and bar out there in their face if it doesn't obscure your plate its very cheap insurance from bum bangers
I think that’s old school thinking :p

The rear bar is designed to deform and spring back without damage from low speed bumps up to I think 15 kph. But as the tow bar attaches to the rear rails which are designed to handle highEr speed impacts via body deformation, tow bar impacts transfer all the force to the body proper. With a bar attached, low speed rear end impact damage may not be immediately visible but maybe your rear door gaps may be just that little tighter :rolleyes:

Regardless, visible tow bar mount or hidden tow bar mount, it’s just fashion, much like some like a clean shaven look, a 5 day growth or a full on beard :p

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I think that’s old school thinking :p

The rear bar is designed to deform and spring back without damage from low speed bumps up to I think 15 kph. But as the tow bar attaches to the rear rails which are designed to handle highEr speed impacts via body deformation, tow bar impacts transfer all the force to the body proper. With a bar attached, low speed rear end impact damage may not be immediately visible but maybe your rear door gaps may be just that little tighter :rolleyes:

Regardless, visible tow bar mount or hidden tow bar mount, it’s just fashion, much like some like a clean shaven look, a 5 day growth or a full on beard :p

Too true.

I been told the first thing a body shop will do after a car with a towbar has been rear ended is open the boot lid, pull everything out and check the boot floor for ripples.

Better off hitting the bumper in a low impact collision as it's designed to absorb before the need to transfer the concussion to the body.