Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hip Hop

R Photon

I Like Bresciani Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Commodore
Do you think its crazy how Nas is signed to Def Jam now, staight after Jay-Z and him squashed their feud (Jay-Z is the president of Def Jam..if u didn't know), just goes to show how all these 'beefs' in Rap are marketing.

I mean look at 50 Cent he goes and disses everyone, he can't rap to save his life, but he still earns 10 Million through ringtones in America ALONE. Not to mention the 60 mil through cds, about 15 through his movie, 20 from his playstation game and the list goes on.

Yeah dude i like GZA ay..ive got the Liquid Swords album...hes not my favourite from Wu-Tang though.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
well Im a Hoods fan, as well as Terrafirma (loving the locals ;)) & Scribe for awhiles. Eminem started it for me thou. Not a fan of 50.....

& Im a huge fan of Weapon X & Ken Hell, espesh Heezy!!!! lol top work ;)

D.

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
Yeh I think their fued was real to start with. How good was Ether? but i think as Jay Z became pretty much a mainstream pop artist it was too hard for Nas to compete because of his popularity. And I think Nas grew up and decided its not worth it anymore. The only reason im happy with his move to def jam is because the roots are signed with them too. Nas needs to get on some of their stuff or vice versa.

Yeh definately not a fan of 50 cent or any of these young ones coming out with names such as Young Jeezy, ying yang twins, young buck and stuff like that. I wish it would go back to the early to mid 90's.
I love Gza's style. have u heard beneath the surface or grandmasters with DJ muggs? better than liquid swords IMO.

Yeh im into a bit of Aussie too went to see the Hoods a couple of weeks ago.

R Photon

I Like Bresciani Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Commodore
Yeah Ether did rip Jay-Z. Wasn't the whole Jay-Z/Nas fued over the whole 'King of NY' throne? I'm not saying it wasn't real, just saying its hard to justify Nas' decision to make a move to work with Jay-Z after years of fighting.

I was more saying that 50 Cent's fueds are based on marketing than an actual problem. He comes in, has no talent, so he starts 'beef' with everyone to gain popularity. Everyone goes buys his **** not hear what hes got to say, but who hes saying it to.

In some cases it only raises the popularity of other rappers hes starting beefs with, as fans expect responses so they go and buy their ****. For example, Fat Joe. (Check out 'My Fo Fo' or '**** 50' by Fat Joe...wicked diss against 50 Cent)

Yeah Young Jeezy, Young Buck etc. all are all southern rappers, like yourself definitely not a fan of them.

Nah i haven't heard Beneath the Surface or Grandmasters with DJ Muggs. But I do like Cypress Hill so i could imagine it would be a sick album with the DJ from Cypress Hill and GZA from Wu-Tang.

I'm not really into any aussie hip hop though man. I'm from NZ so more into NZ Hip-Hop...Scribe, Savage etc. Check out Scribes CD 'The Crusader' some wicked tracks on there.

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
Jay z and Nas made up before his signing to Def Jam so i guess it wasnt really a shock to me. The reason 50 cent does so well is that he gets a famous RnB (Rap and Bullshit) singer on his songs. Then those songs hit the radios. Then all those pop lovers buy his CDs. And then he makes some songs about dancing in a club and makes a video with women clapping their ass cheeks together (has anyone seen that its hilarious). Its bulls**t that his music sells so well but what can we do?

s_pack

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY SS
Hip hop...hmm loved it when i was younger, dre, snoop dogg, zxibit, method man, wu tang and all that, then became metal head, now dunno what.. Primarily metal, but dont mind some american hip hop, but love aussie (funkoars, hilltops, delta etc.)

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
hmm funkoars!!! been playing them all day lol

D.

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
I love playing wu tang on the juke box at the pub. HAHA everyone loves it. By loves it i mean hate it.