Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
G
Gee EternityDre, a new exhaust, CAI and a tune gets 86KW/29% increase in power, LS3 in standard trim must be de-tuned to the shizeinhouszier:(
Was looking at a US site that fitted high rise/bigger valve heads, new cam, long tube extractors/system, CAI and tune for a 40HP increase, thought that can't be right, why would you bother.o_O

macman

Reaction score
Members Ride
MotorSport
Looks like Dan's place, so he does a good job then EternityDre. He's doing mine in July after practicing on yours ha, ha ;)

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Is your MSE an auto or manual dre? Will be interesting to see the base line number before the mods, it seems these ls3s are putting out between 225-245 rwkw depending on auto or manual?

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
G'Day Professor, if my memory serves me correctly I think the carburation was developed by webber for that engine. Not too sure about alot of low down torque though, been discussing the effect of inlet tract length with monstar and I think it would be safe to say the 265 in E38/49 guise was all about peak HP. Idle smoothness :eek: certainly indicated it wasn't cammed for usual day to day duties. So my question to you professor, cracked rail?:)
One would have thought that peak power was the only aim if one only looked at runner length. However, the fact that the six-pack involved ISOLATED runners was the real secret.....the advantage being uniform fuel distribution. 4bbl manifolds on inline six cylinders were woeful re fuel distribution. I can tell you, after much experience, the E49 engine was deadly off idle - heaps of torque - it used to spin the wheels just be letting the clutch out a little fast even if the right foot was not touching the accelerator! The engine just got better and better as the revs climbed. At 4000rpm they really took off. Hell, I once found myself sideways in third gear at half throttle whilst reaching down to the passenger footwell to pick something up. Hence my conclusion of "simply incredible".
Again, sorry for the off-topic post.

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
So just got the MSE back following a detail/paint correction, 2 layers of Opticoat+ in addition to rim and interior protection. The lines just pop and light reflects so nicely. Will get better photos in full sun once the tint is done

View attachment 193042 View attachment 193043 View attachment 193044 View attachment 193045 View attachment 193046 View attachment 193047
That's one Hell of a nice car, Dr E. MSE. I've saved the photos because I know I like it best right now, before the tint. But each to their own, after all, I'm possibly fitting SV6 tail lights to my MSE!!

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
A message to GLA if you're out there mate, what do you think of Nitrate now, several weeks into ownership? I'm still convinced I'm going to love it, but when I see other ones like DREMSE I can't help wondering if I made the right choice.