Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden E38 OSes for VZ

OldSkoolGP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman SS, VZ Pontiac GTO
Hey all,

Trying to see if maybe there is a operating system for E38 ECU that would have been used in a VZ or WK car that I am unaware of. Currently, I only know about 2 operating systems:

12607218 - Used in VZ Holden Commodores that came with 6.0L V8s
12609099 - Used in VZ Holden Utes that came with 6.0L V8s

I converted my VZ Pontiac GTO to run on an E38 last year and it works great using the 12607218. Now I'm trying to add functionality to it, and I ran into an issue. Originally I was using the 12609099 Ute OS. But I found out I couldn't use it long term because it wouldn't talk to the GTO's ABS module. So I installed the 12607218 OS and that works fine (GTO and Commodore have the same ABS module.)

Now I want to install a Fuel Pump Control Module, which I could have done no problem with the Ute OS because you can select if there is an FPCM fitted or not using HPTuners. But, the Commodore OS does not have that option to select.

So I'm wondering if there is any other E38 OS out there for either VZ or WK that came with a 6.0L V8 somebody knows about?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
there will be no gains to using the fpcm, also the earlier ecu didnt have the input even tho its a option to select it dosnt mean the actual physical circuit layout is there, the e38 has alot of tables which are just a layout given to all e38 which there were alot of them but its too hard to go thru and remove all the tables and add tables for each OS so they all get basically same layout but not all functions actually work, the later VE e38 with fpcm dosnt work with the early e38 vehicle as there was a data change in middle of 2009, not sure how many but alot of our VZ had the e40 ecu

OldSkoolGP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman SS, VZ Pontiac GTO
there will be no gains to using the fpcm, also the earlier ecu didnt have the input even tho its a option to select it dosnt mean the actual physical circuit layout is there, the e38 has alot of tables which are just a layout given to all e38 which there were alot of them but its too hard to go thru and remove all the tables and add tables for each OS so they all get basically same layout but not all functions actually work, the later VE e38 with fpcm dosnt work with the early e38 vehicle as there was a data change in middle of 2009, not sure how many but alot of our VZ had the e40 ecu
I thought most VZ Holdens came with the P59, and a TAC module after 2005?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
I thought most VZ Holdens came with the P59, and a TAC module after 2005?
might have been the holden range, then the HSV range got the e40 maby with the early ls2