Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden halts production of Commodore and Equinox

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
https://www.news.com.au/technology/...r/news-story/f121142fe27eee4c29ea4f824c6f1e8b

for September holden is still dropping hard and they still didn't hit the top 10 cars for that month.
its the month to month comparison that's showing a pretty steep decline in holdens sales.

poor after sales customer service and a really bland lineup of imports is not helping them.
having dealers threating to sue customers and actually taking some to court does not help the image.

when gm tells you that 2.4litres of oil consumed over 10,000km is acceptable kind of gets the word out that this company may screw you with warranty issues, a lot of people are talking holden and its not in a good way.
social media is not helping them o_O

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Holden has been known for poor quality across their entire model-range for decades; I guess when you piss off the strong pool of customers who’re willing to buy the things despite that reputation, you really should expect a big sales decline.

M

mwb235

Even Dicklips Magoo could’ve told them that trying to sell products people don’t want would fail!

The fact Holden “customer service” (if you can call it that) really stinks doesn’t help either. And belatedly offering a 7 year warranty on cars people have stopped buying was basically Holden trying to polish a sandbox full of turds. Lots of glitz, nice badge, but still turds.

I certainly don’t feel sorry for all the overpaid corporate headkickers in Holden management - it’s all the Australian workers who’ve directly or indirectly lost their jobs because of GM/Holden management and their “our sh!t doesn’t stink” attitude.

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
Holden has been known for poor quality across their entire model-range for decades; I guess when you piss off the strong pool of customers who’re willing to buy the things despite that reputation, you really should expect a big sales decline.
Bingo.

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
I give it less then 5 years and Holden is no more.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
There was a comment that Holden sales are between Honda and VW and people are saying Holden is almost dead.....

One must think back 2 years ago, maximum and think VW and what happened with them....They seem to have bounced back alright.....Then do I mention Focus and Fiesta and what happened to Ford with those cars? How is that company fairing?

Who knows, Holden might bounce back too....

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I keep having this holden arcadia post coming up on facebook so now every time I see it I just post this and it does not take long until a holden numpty deletes it.

This vehicle is like that building "The Arcadian" from the tv series how i met your mother.

The "lion-head badgework is iconic" but the rest of it is a plague infested pile of crap and should be demolished :D

if you know the show you will get the reference.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
VW sales didn’t really suffer that much, at least not in this country, due to Dieselgate ... people here didn’t really care all that much that a manufacturer would breach international laws in order that buyers would have cars that use less fuel & make more power ...

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I keep having this holden arcadia post coming up on facebook so now every time I see it I just post this and it does not take long until a holden numpty deletes it. if you know the show you will get the reference.

I'm absolutely sick and tired of all the car ads on TV. None of which I would be interested in buying, even if I had the money. Now if they had ads like the old Thunder Ute ad or something similar that might tickle my fancy, just as long as the ute wasn't painted in baby poo brown...

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
VW sales didn’t really suffer that much, at least not in this country, due to Dieselgate ... people here didn’t really care all that much that a manufacturer would breach international laws in order that buyers would have cars that use less fuel & make more power

what about monkeygate lol