Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HOLDEN-IQ in Series 1

Patrick13389

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
Just wondering double dip I've got a ve Calais V it's a MY08 can you program a E3 hsv IQ system dash and gauges to work in it???

doubledip

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV, LH Torana / LSA / VE E3 HSV interior
Just wondering double dip I've got a ve Calais V it's a MY08 can you program a E3 hsv IQ system dash and gauges to work in it???

CAn definitely program the iq radio to work and get the pod gauges to work. The dash would take more time and would need the car as well

Patrick13389

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
Well that could be difficult as I'm in WA lol but I really would like to do the complete swap.

Blockab

R8WAGZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE HSV CLUBSPORT R8 TOURER
Hey Doubledip, I have a S2 Ute and need the rear channels activated as I have had the ASR rca conversion done and recquire the rear channels for full 4ch RCA operation is there anyway you could help. Im located in Penrith NSW.

doubledip

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well that could be difficult as I'm in WA lol but I really would like to do the complete swap.

yep well until i have done the same year model E3 cluster fitment to a car like yours cant guarantee that part

Patrick13389

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
Fair enough then double dip with the IQ will it match up with to my rear DVD player and can it be made to play on the front screen while I'm driving???

Patrick13389

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
Also can the lights be changed so they are the white like the rest of the interior in the Calais V

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
With the HSV IQ unit, all the buttons light up white, however the 2 knobs have a red illuminated ring on them. Likewise there are 2 very small guide lights that are red.

To be honest, if you wanted the triple gauges, then the little red highlights of these match very nicely with the red needles of the HSV gauges. (Unlike the white needles of the Calais Cluster where any red looks out of place)

Patrick13389

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
Fair enough I really want to put the E3 cluster in aswell so if its only those little bits of red then like you said it should tie together nicely. Also is there any way of identify what model an IQ unit came out of???

doubledip

Reaction score
Members Ride
Fair enough I really want to put the E3 cluster in aswell so if its only those little bits of red then like you said it should tie together nicely. Also is there any way of identify what model an IQ unit came out of???

with identifying them. for starters if it has NAV then you can tell as it will have the extra antenna sockets (2 of them ) right downt the bootm on the passenger side and the drivers side slot will have the SD NAV MAP card in it... dont go by the fascia as they all have MAP/NAV buttons.... I also think that the Piano black fascia will mean it came out of either a SV6, SS, SSV or HSV.. but that still doesnt mean it has NAV as they could be optioned with NAV.... once again check for the nav card and extra antennas