Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Servicing VF SSV Man

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Don't even have that in WA.
We don't have it in SA either. We can also let the rego expire for as long as you like in SA, pay 3 months rego and drive the car. I think if the rego expires longer than 30 days in WA, the car has to have a full roadworthy inspection doesn't it?

Angry8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF HSV Maloo UTE Walkinshaw 557
Servicing is for the weak .............LOL

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
We don't have it in SA either. We can also let the rego expire for as long as you like in SA, pay 3 months rego and drive the car. I think if the rego expires longer than 30 days in WA, the car has to have a full roadworthy inspection doesn't it?

it used to be 14 days grace period to drive and another 14 days(28 days max) to re-register without inspection but they have changed it to 30 days to drive and up to 3 months without the need to have it inspected.

after 3 months the plates need to be returned or the vehicle must be inspected and re-registered asap, there is no grace period at this point as they demand the plates be returned or they will come and collect the plates which normally involves a police officer at your door requesting them.

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
it used to be 14 days grace period to drive and another 14 days(28 days max) to re-register without inspection but they have changed it to 30 days to drive and up to 3 months without the need to have it inspected.

after 3 months the plates need to be returned or the vehicle must be inspected and re-registered asap, there is no grace period at this point as they demand the plates be returned or they will come and collect the plates which normally involves a police officer at your door requesting them.
Why would anyone want to sell a car and not get registration out of their name on the very same day it was sold?

I’d not want the new owner/drivers parking and other related infringements coming to my address. It’s just a PITA to sort out after the fact :oops:

So I don’t know what problem the authorities were trying to solve going from 14 days to 3 months as it’s not really of benefit to the sellers….

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Why would anyone want to sell a car and not get registration out of their name on the very same day it was sold?

I’d not want the new owner/drivers parking and other related infringements coming to my address. It’s just a PITA to sort out after the fact :oops:

So I don’t know what problem the authorities were trying to solve going from 14 days to 3 months as it’s not really of benefit to the sellers….

It relates to rego expiring and not being renewed in time....not to vehicle sales.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
It relates to rego expiring and not being renewed in time....not to vehicle sales.
Ah, for the benefit of the forgetful or those who’s mail is lost by careless posties :rolleyes:

I hate that rego authorities no longer send out renewal notices that contain a rego stickers you attach to the windscreen. Something that reminded everyone of impending expiry every time they walk past the windscreen :cool:

But hey, it’s a money spinner cause lots forgot. And even though you can pay rego late, getting caught driving unregistered was a costly fine not offset by the longer time before warrant or roadworthy was required :eek: