Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden VH 202 Blue Emissions Setup Guide TVS stuff

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
This is for a VH 202 6 Cyl Blue Engine with auto transmission, but maybe useful for other models too. When i was setting mine up i realy had a hard time finding an engine with a proper setup and finding a diagram online was difficult. So why spend time looking when i've already done it. here is the setup bellow i will try to improve the guide further as i go.

First you just need to buy some rubber fuel line hoses (or whatever the name may be) i believe they are 8mm, i got mine of ebay (easy to find). Even though some connections may be bigger. They will still stretch over and fit. I bought about 6 meters worth of hoses, you'll need less but i made some mistakes.

Also your TVS modules may be broken. Now those are hard find. The best i could do was find 2 brocken ones and melt the good part together :S But you should be able to find them at the wreckers with a bit of patience.

This is the technical diagram for it:

173345d1406249879-holden-vh-202-blue-emissions-setup-guide-tvs-stuff-vacuum.jpg

And here is example engine photos for reference to make it easier to see where all the hoses run to:

EMISSIONHOSES_zpsfaa84316.jpg

I hope this helps someone.

Last edited:

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
Hey i didnt make it :p i dont see how putting exhaust gas back through some hoses and back into the instake makes for better emmissions. At least i think thats what it does. Weather it actually makes it better or not is up for debate but if you want to restore it back to factory, then thats the setup :)

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
its not really up for debate. EGR reduces the HC's out the tailpipe. end of story, they still use it to this day.

but back to your setup... i honestly think your book is wrong. the TCS should have 2 vacuum feeds at least. otherwise its just a pipe going nowhere... which it is right now... just manifold vacuum to nothing.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
That's 2.8 ltre. Why would that manual page be wrong though, when I first bought the car he TCS module was in a loop, just like in the manual.

The last diagram you posted is not for my engine.