Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How long untill engine light re-appears after being cleared

mowley89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Commodore Omega
Hello all iam only new to this so iam not sure if this question is in the right place. I own a 2006 VE Omega 3.6L Auto. Recently the check engine warning light came on so I went to a mechanic and got them to run a scan it gave me 2 error codes: P0056 Heater Circuit Bank 2 Sensor 2 and P0158 Signal High Bank 2 Sensor 2.After some research I found that bank 2 sensor 2 is the post cat on the passenger side. Today I went to repco and got the 02 Sensor and replaced it. My question is should I have taken it to a mechanics to get the code cleared? I just disconnected the battery for 20 minutes that seemed to clear the code.
Will the code re appear because it hasn't been cleared with a scan tool? and if so after how long will it re appear? is it a certain amount of ignition starts or kms driven.
Thanks and I hope somebody out there can answer my questions.

tommy4711

Reaction score
Members Ride
wk caprice
The fault code will stay logged in the computer until someone plugs into it again.. It wont matter and you shouldnt have any check engine warnings coming up on the dash till the next fault goes.. I have found a few fault codes in mine just when sensors are starting to fail they might work for another 10,000kms but they throw up faults all the same you just never notice till you plug in..

I would just leave it, its not going to do anything.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
just make sure when you get O2 sensors you get good/branded as they can be a real pain, usually if the one post cat has gone you should really change in pairs