Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much faster than stock is this Calais v 6.0

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA xr6 turbo Heinrich tuned to 300 rwkw's
$ for $, your turbo will eat the Commy for breakfast. V8 will be quicker off the line, but a few lengths out, the turbo will just dissapear into the distance. Do you have a VX as well??

No I don't have a VX but I used to have one years ago ex cop V6 I have not been on this forum for years.
I agree with you on the take off, the V8 is instant off the mark whereas my xr6t is like a rubber band but once boost is hit everything becomes a blur :)

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Aah, another Bruce tuned turbo. Do you get on the XR6T web site?? Bruce tuned my 1st engine in my BA ute. Blew that one up, and now have FG F6 engine.
I also have a VE GTS, and 2 different vehicles to drive. I actually enjoy driving the ute more than the GTS. GTS is too touchy on the throttle for town work.

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
Aah, another Bruce tuned turbo. Do you get on the XR6T web site?? Bruce tuned my 1st engine in my BA ute. Blew that one up, and now have FG F6 engine.
I also have a VE GTS, and 2 different vehicles to drive. I actually enjoy driving the ute more than the GTS. GTS is too touchy on the throttle for town work.

No I don't get on the XR6T web site much, Bruce is a good Tuner and very reasonably priced, the VE GTS sounds great, I've never owned a V8 and have always wanted one and these damn ford turbos are stopping me :( I was looking at VY SS and WK statesmans but they were very dear in 2009, then I drove a tuned Ba xr6t :surprise: and found one which was quite cheap in Vic :) But I still want to get a V8 Holden of some sort some time, I love them!

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
Get a good 6.0 VE Calais. I should have bought one instead of my GTS. would have saved a lot of money. Calais are a good price too, and so are Statos 2003-2007. Nothing wrong with a 5.7 GEN111.

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers Ian, I'd probably only go for the newer VE Calais V or WM, the VE V Calais 6.0 are a good buy and will be a bit cheaper next year to :)

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ian you're a Mt Gambier lad, I was from there when I was a little kid nice place

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
FG XR6T's and G6ET's can be had for the $25k-$30k mark.

Just throwing it out there.....

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
You said you didnt want to regret a performance drop. If you arent going to race it then times dont matter..

Go and drive a Calais in the way you drive the Ford. If you like it, buy it. If you don't, dont. Performance is a very subjective thing when you are sitting inside the car.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
muso, how long since you were here? I have been here all my life. Love it.

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T's and G6ET's can be had for the $25k-$30k mark.

Just throwing it out there.....

I know they can be got for a good price and I know how fast and good they are, my car is testimony to that :) but I want a change and have never owned a V8. I am very impressed with the styling inside and out of the VE Calais V