Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much faster than stock is this Calais v 6.0

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA xr6 turbo Heinrich tuned to 300 rwkw's
Nobody has really commented on the performance of the Calais V8 in the video clip other than perhaps a speedo which could be out of calibration due to diff gear changes.

I think it's fast, but having not seen a 0-100 clip on a stock 6.0 Ve calais it's hard to say, so is it fast? How much faster than stock?

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers arronm, so diff gears don't affect speedo, and it probably wouldn't be out much either.

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks everyone for your input and advice with my thread especially considering I'm a Ford driver at the moment ;)

BehaveSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 HSV E3 Tourer
Thanks everyone for your input and advice with my thread especially considering I'm a Ford driver at the moment ;)

I don't think you will be disappointed with a V8 CalaisV. I just bought one last week and I am very happy, very proud, very satisfied with it. I have a Sportwagon though, with all the practical features like roof racks and tow bar for caravan/boat etc...

It's made my trip to work and back very enjoyable and puts a smile on my face every time the pedal is pressed. I have been taking every excuse to drive it.

Sorry, not really answering your question in your post, but I think even if the V8 CalaisV is stock, it's quick enough for legal driving purposes. Unless you're racing another car side by side, you will not feel the difference between cars that are micro seconds apart.

Comes down to personal preference whether you like the acceleration characteristics of the V8 or the 6Turbo. I like the V8.

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't think you will be disappointed with a V8 CalaisV. I just bought one last week and I am very happy, very proud, very satisfied with it. I have a Sportwagon though, with all the practical features like roof racks and tow bar for caravan/boat etc...

It's made my trip to work and back very enjoyable and puts a smile on my face every time the pedal is pressed. I have been taking every excuse to drive it.

Sorry, not really answering your question in your post, but I think even if the V8 CalaisV is stock, it's quick enough for legal driving purposes. Unless you're racing another car side by side, you will not feel the difference between cars that are micro seconds apart.

Comes down to personal preference whether you like the acceleration characteristics of the V8 or the 6Turbo. I like the V8.

Cheers BehaveSS :)

How are you finding the 6.0 V8 as far as fuel consumption goes?

BehaveSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 HSV E3 Tourer
Hi again,

I don't really worry about fuel consumption, I put it to fuel card.

I think my Trip comp is saying, around 17L/100km, comparing this to my V6 Sportwagon of around 15L/100km, it really isn't that much difference... I do 60% city, then balance suburb/Hwy.

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi again,

I don't really worry about fuel consumption, I put it to fuel card.

I think my Trip comp is saying, around 17L/100km, comparing this to my V6 Sportwagon of around 15L/100km, it really isn't that much difference... I do 60% city, then balance suburb/Hwy.

Cheers, my xr6 turbo realistically would also use about that much fuel

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Gee your V6 sportwagon is a bit thirsty. I average 11.5 and I put my foot into it most of the time. Although I have 3.5 diff gears . Maybe that makes a difference.

I dont worry about the fuel consumption in my typhoon, probably be in the 20s I suppose.