Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to bypass the immobiliser, don't want the car towed to the locksmith!

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Sorry man, but that's bulls*** ... people who want to steal will still your car without major problems and people like me and others who have asked the same question and have been in a similar situation would appreciate it to be able to save 450 dollars for towing, if it's not necessary. Or you can go ahead and send the 450 $ to my PayPal account, geez.
I must say, you write in English quite well, considering you are from Slovenia. Even throwing in a bit of Aussie slang.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Sorry man, but that's bulls*** ... people who want to steal will still your car without major problems and people like me and others who have asked the same question and have been in a similar situation would appreciate it to be able to save 450 dollars for towing, if it's not necessary. Or you can go ahead and send the 450 $ to my PayPal account, geez.

How do we know your not some young prick that has no other way of stealing a car, and if you were to get this information say goodbye to a lot of peoples VT commodores!!

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
TI34OM and accsentstencil. That was my exact thoughts :) some boagan trying to lern how to steal a vt. theifs are to dumb to read a log book....

connorw

Reaction score
Members Ride
1988 VL
take vin number and proof of ownership into a holden spare parts and they will print you out a list of codes. take the codes to a locksmith and they will know what to do with it. holden are ery strict on who they give codes out to so dont bother trying to do it over the phone.
And thats if the locksmith has the right machine to do it with... id say most do by now but you never know

nodrim

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VT II V6 Executive
Slow down guys :) I really am a Slovenian backpacker, the reason I can write in English quite well is that I'm a professional translator and have been living in New Zealand for 10 months and now I'm here in Oz 2 months now. Here's my website, if anyone wants to send any translation work my way ;) http://www.bb-qualitas.com

As for dropping the key in the water, that's not the whole truth, 'cause I wanted to avoid all the jokes about me going surfing with the key. The remote on it was dead and I just didn't know about the immobiliser part of it, that it shouldn't get in the water.

I have of course talked to 3 or 4 different locksmiths and the licensed Holden dealer in Bundaberg and the VIN number and key numbers are not enough for them to make the key and just send via a courier service. They would also need my BCM number, which I don't have written down anywhere in my papers and it would have to be read by special equipment. And the closest person that has it is in Bundaberg, so what all of this is about is trying to get my car to a locksmith in Bundaberg to get a new key and not having to pay so much for towing it. If there is any way possible to do it, of course I want to do that and not pay 450 $ if I don't really have to.

So thanks again to everyone who have offered help and shared information like this. I haven't found anything in the Owner's Handbook or the service manual about this.

And I do have to say it again, that I believe in freedom of information and that it should be shared. Just the fact that something (information or physical stuff, i.e. knives, guns, etc.) can be used for something illegal, doesn't mean we shouldn't share such information or sell this kinds of products. All of it can also be used in normal situations, such as mine for example. It goes the same for questions how to get into the car, because I locked my keys inside. Or how to unscrew the wheels or whatever, everything can be used illegally.

Aaaanyhow, 30 more minutes and the 2 hours will pass and hopefully the immobiliser will be switched off and that will be it. And yes, I will definitely share this with everyone here and possibly somewhere else, as well.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
Did you let the key dry out in the sun than it should work.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Just a heads up for everyone else.
If you drop your key in water, Put it in a tub of rice :).

Shouldn't there be some sort of number on the actual BCM?

nodrim

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VT II V6 Executive
The 2 hour bypass unfortunately didn't work :( my battery could be going flat as well, but the immobiliser light was still flashing anyway. The flashing light above the trip computer buttons would stop flashing if the immobiliser was turned off, right? I am trying to find a legitimate source for this 2-hour bypass for the immobiliser and I can't find it anywhere. It's not in any manual, nowhere on the internet, except in a few forum threads like this, where the time varies from 40 minutes to 2 hours.

I am woofing on a farm over the weekend and we towed the car here, so I'll charge the battery overnight in the house and try again tomorrow morning. The key has been out of the water now for 4 days and it's not working yet. I can leave it in rice over night or find some of those drying pellets that come in packaging for different stuff.

To be continued ...

machone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VHSLE/VXSS/VXEXEC
Just a heads up for everyone else.
If you drop your key in water, Put it in a tub of rice :).

Shouldn't there be some sort of number on the actual BCM?

hmmm i must of missed that on masterchef lol.....and nodrim even though you are probably legit there's a difference between freedom of information and telling someone how to steal a car mind you in your case if you were to steal the car the car would of rusted by now lol