Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How To Do A Burnout

dre58

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive
Have to agree with you there mate. i can do it both ways but find it easier rippin it up while turning right.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
ozute said:
Also, don't drink alcohol, don't have sex before marriage, don't swear, don't blaspheme, don't drink coffee, look before you cross the street, don't share toothbrushes, & never brush your teeth before swallowing..

But for christ sake can someone just pull a FRIGGIN GOOD BURNOUT!! :drink:

:yeah: I knew I'd get a bite... looks like I got a few more further on aswell. :p

Macca177 said:
to all those saying how bad it is dont do it if u dont like it, and if u dont wana whien about it dont read it!

ps thast my whine now too :)

cheers
hayden

Just trying to help the young fella with the resale value of his car incase he decides to sell it...
Big black snakies in his street wont help much... they tend to stay around for awhile... :unsure:

regards,

sixshooter :wave:

Macca177

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman V8
Yeah dude wasnt havning a go at u inparticular, theres lotsa threads in here bout ppl complain. I rekon in your own street is silly. it can start neighbour problems too, as can loud stereos along your street. you can make a bad name for urself and bad things start to happen !!!!!

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
personally i wouldnt mind a section of sealed road or a large skidpad where i could just rock up and get the trashing out of my system, a couple of doughies a few laps around some cones maybe dump a bucket of sand or water down and fry that

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
im serious, now and then i get the itch to drive hard and fast but inkeeping with laws and regard for my own saftey im limited to "zippy cruizes" which does nothing to get the inner hoon cravings out of my system.

i looked at a local race track but there is a hell of a lot to go though to use it and if you go that way you'd be more inclined to perfect the art of racing, but i just want somewhere open paved flat and free where i can let it fly without being joined by some blue light disco if you get my drift.

[english translation] i want to thrash out my car now and then without getting busted for it.

Macca177

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman V8
To what u have said, in sydney i pritty sure easter creek is setup now every wed or 2nd(not 100% sure) its botu $60 ish and u can go do your burnouts/quater miles etc, all under controled and supervised condtions

also u will have a crowd there that wana see it all happen.
went and watched a mate runs his vh out there 2x it was just after the new drag strip was all done.

so not sure on prices etc but yeah there is some places.
plus theres more that comes to mind.

i think oran park u can take ya car out there and go nuts for 2hrs or sumthin or woteva.

duno costs again :)

but yeah all good fun

Ballport1998vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt Exec S1 3.8ecotec
Yeah my vt wont rip a burnout in a straight line. but if the road is wet or has a light sprinklinging of dirt then we burn the tires a bit. Who really cares about standstills anyway. Sideway with the streering wheel on full oposite lock is much better ( while freakin out the drivers behind and in front of you )

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
only problem there is im in WA.

we do have the motoplex which does street drags and burnout comps now and then but i dare say im not keen on wearing a helmet to drive my car in a straight line [yes i know it'd be in my best interests] and despite having a burnout pad its a nice length but should really be twice as thick, its like two lanes wide and about 5 car lengths long, too tight for my liking.

cruising with my brother one day i see a group of about 12 odd cars parcked up outside a racehorse track, they were doing time trial laps around a small cone track, i wouldnt mind doing something like that. little bit of mini circuit. we are gettign rain lately so maybe it'd be the perfect cance to try out some wannabe automatic drifts :p cant hurt to play surely.

O

ozute

HAHAHA Patrio7, get amongst it.. I agree, there is such a lack of places to do this. If I had a huge block of land i'd have a burnout pad built and it'd be open slather! There has to be somewhere decent to go mate? Maybe you could ask a local regional airport if you can use the runway for a couple of hours!? :D