Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How To Do A Burnout

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
that or make use of the bull bar, bust down the access cate and drag with the jumbos untill i get thrown into jail on terrorisim suspicions hahahah

but im happy for another week, did a little "spin off the line" this morning, didnt flat out boot it i decided to break traction then work the pedal to keep the rears spinning but using the least amount of revs, would of held it about 2grand i think [wasnt looking at dash]

hsv_6ltr_sette

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
i hav the same problem Bobbles- do u hav aa auto

hsv_6ltr_sette

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
i hav the same problem Gobbles- do u hav an auto

hsv_6ltr_sette

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
would it make any difference if my car has weights put in the rear (wheel balance) to stop it shaking at high speeds

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
what does it matter if your cars an auto? you can still drift you just dont have a clutch to dump at corners

hsv_6ltr_sette

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
does it matter how turned your steering wheel is. Because when im doing them they wont work if the steering wheel is straight it needs to be slightly to the left or right.

danny1987

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore sedan
Gobbles said:
well in my new VS.....i cannot do a line lockie which is gay cos all my other mates with VS's can and when i go to do it.....well yeah hehe
umm anyway i put my foot lightly on the brake....put it into 1 on the auto and put the pwr switch to ON.......then bag it up a bit then floor it......it does not rev past 2000 RPM.......
my mate said it was the ABS doing something or rather so i took the abs fuse out and tryed and still no good......so not wanting to ruin the car or anything i put it back in then went home (got chased away by a D Car....)
so anyway next morning getting ready for work im thinking about it......so i reverse out of the driveway......take abs fuse out.....foot fully on brake.....into 1 pwr on and floor it and in about 2 seconds i see smoke out back of my rear view mirror and that lovely smell of smoke so im like uhh wtf so i drive off to work...
next weekend i do the same thing....following some VL Turbo's out bush to a privatly owned skid pan......the vl turbo's get up there and me thinking ok i sorted out this problem get on there and it still dont rev past 2000 rpm......
so i just watch for the remainder of the evening.......so next morning i do much of the same and reverse out the driveway......and plant a phat skid again.....so much smoke it went in the house and mum came out .......but yeah.......why wont it do a line lockie/burnout on the occasions i have described.......

both times i smoked it i had full brake.....full accelerator in 1st gear with pwr on.....ABS fuse out........
yeah any ideas ?

i just went out and tried and mine does the same thing sit at 2 grand but i just kept pushing and it starts to skome big time

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
danny1987 said:
i just went out and tried and mine does the same thing sit at 2 grand but i just kept pushing and it starts to skome big time

which is what i said... let it have time to build up rpm dont get scared and stop

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
ERRRR its not that hard 2 do a standstill guys...ive got a vr wif onli a sports exaust and 17's and mine has no prob rippin them up, but it struggles wen there is 3 ppl in the bak:(
Put it into 1st or 2nd power button on, brake on and accellerator flat 2 d floor, wen in 2nd if u get high enough revs the second wheel kicks in if u av irs... thats wat happens 2 mine, dunno y but it happens