Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to get the best price from a car dealer

heyitsEnricoPallazzo

Big block Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ A4 Saloon
dealers have a business to run. its up to you to decide on whether you are willing to pay X dollars for X car or not. the only time you get ripped off is if you dont look into the specific car/deal thoroughly.

and treating a dealer like they are about to rip off will probably make them do just that.

Work in the industry do you?

Ah yes. Its up to the ignorant buyer to test the veracity of the poor salesmans claims before sale. Why would you expect the truth to be told when the dealer has an expensive business to run.

Make sure you don't call into question the integrity of the sales staff with your scepticle attitude. They may just trott out that chick with the big boobs so you can pay big $$$'s dollars for that tint and fabric protection you really need.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
Ok, looked at a 325i BMW. Asked the trade in for my WK caprice. Salesguy didn't know holden values or thought I was gullible. Told me my car was worth $7000 when I got a private offer for $17000 already. When I told him this he asked me for the phone number of the person who offered $17000. I told him 'are you saying I'm making this up? Do your research, rebook indicates around $14000 for my car. I checked all WA listings and priced my accordingly at $21000ono. My wristwatch is worth more then $7000'. I then left and told him I'll consider making an offer after discussing with my wife and I won't be trading my car to him.

I found it impolite that he took a phone call during our conversation and he didn't even acknowledge my presence. He had a chat for 5 minutes on the phone in front of me.

/posted via mobile device\

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
CASH !!!

go with money in your pocket make your offer and then pull out the cash and watch that warm fuzzy feeling they get

works every time

Jonesy40

Reaction score
Members Ride
Voodoo VE SS UTE
end of the day the dealer will have a price he is willing to sell for and you will have a price that you are willing to pay most of the time you will end up somewhere in the middle (from my experice anyway).

But like others have said be prepared to walk if it doesnt work for you. the dealer i didnt buy my ute from couldnt belive i would would walk out over a $1000 on a new VE but at the end of the day it was more than i wanted to pay so i went to another yard and got it for the price i wanted.