Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to tell 2016 SSV

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
From what i've gathered on carsales, SSV has push button start, SS doesn't. So that's a pretty easy tell. Could even see from the outside; Proximity key/Keyless Start had small buttons on the door handles to lock/unlock the car without taking the key out of your pocket. SS doesn't have them.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
From what i've gathered on carsales, SSV has push button start, SS doesn't. So that's a pretty easy tell. Could even see from the outside; Proximity key/Keyless Start had small buttons on the door handles to lock/unlock the car without taking the key out of your pocket. SS doesn't have them.
You sure about that for the 2016 model??...our 2016 SV6 ute (although it is a black edition) has push button start so I would have thought SS would have it also?

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Nup 2016 SS had proximity key = push button start (even rental SV6 had this).

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
You sure about that for the 2016 model??...our 2016 SV6 ute (although it is a black edition) has push button start so I would have thought SS would have it also?
Yep my Jan 16 build SS has push button start.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
So it looks like its down to the leather seats and the colour display beteen the gauges in the dashboard to tell them apart readily.

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV

Nup 2016 SS had proximity key = push button start (even rental SV6 had this).

Apologies, i believe that is correct.

Looks like the Series 1 missed out on it, but the Series 2 got it. MY15 Series 1's got it too. So depends on the Build year it seems.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Use the VIN. The 5th digit indicates model. An MY15 SS-V will be 6G1FExxxxFL123456

VF SEDAN / UTE / SPORTWAGON & WN SEDAN
A Evoke
J Calais - V
B SV6
K Clubsport
C SS
L GTS
E SS-V
M Senator
F Maloo
P Caprice - V
H Calais
R Grange

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS-V & VU S1
On the back right of the sedan it has the 'V Series II' emblem (Redline has a red background and the SS simply has 'Series II')

Pretty sure this is the same for wagon and ute.