Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hud

Carcool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV Man
My 2016 SSV has HUD written on the screen along with the manufactures info so I assume it is a special screen. I made sure I took windscreen cover with my insurance just in case it costs lots !

JTmofo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Sportswagon
My 2016 SSV has HUD written on the screen along with the manufactures info so I assume it is a special screen. I made sure I took windscreen cover with my insurance just in case it costs lots !

So it is actually a different screen..interesting. I would love to know what the "actual" difference is between the standard and HUD specified screen.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
So it is actually a different screen..interesting. I would love to know what the "actual" difference is between the standard and HUD specified screen.

its a coating/film to make the HUD appear on the screen, otherwise, it will just be distorted and blurry and shine through the windscreen

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
No , but maybe. I tend to buy cars with the options I want. Then this issue doesn't arise
Sometimes you don't know how much you really want it. I dismissed it as a useless gimmick which I wouldn't have paid extra for; and now I'm totally hooked on HUD. However did I cope having to look away from the road so often to keep Plod unhappy?!

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
HUD is one of the best features ever installed in a car, I love it. Being in Victoria probably plays a part in it though, bloody nanny state an all that.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Can a full genuine HUD system be installed in a non HUD VF SV6 MY15

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I think you'd be replacing half your dash with Calais &/or SS bits; can't see it being reasonably worth dping.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

It’s widescreen for your viewing pleasure. :)

JimB47

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV V6
Retail for a genuine windscreen to suit HUD is $1200, did get a better deal than that from Holden. I know because I broke mine.