Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I'm not playing bingo

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
So if i tiepd lik dis no1 wud take me serius?

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
When people write B4 I want to scream BINGO.

What are people's thoughts on the total lack of grammar and spelling in today's society? It would appear the education system no longer places a strong emphasis on the importance of spelling as more and more I see young people spelling phonetically and having no idea about there, their and they're. I wonder if they still have spelling bee's in Primary school or do they allow text abbreviations in written work?

It's quite sad when you see people who cannot spell basics words. Two examples I have seen today are 'thay' and 'carnt' I also recently read a post of here that comprised of around a dozen sentances but not comma or period was to be seen.

Do others, especially those under 30, think spelling, grammar and punction are not important or is it only us older ones.
I'm 43 , myself and a few colleagues are grumpy old men on the subject of grammar , spelling and even correct pronunciation , at school the nun's would quite literally beat it in to us on how to spell , and speak in a clear manner , it really irritates me that people lack the edumacation :rofl: on this matter .

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I do anyway because I'm anal like that. I even read my post after submitting and edit it if I see I have spelled something wrong.

I do this also. If I edit within the minute it doesn't come up with the little thing at the bottom that tells when it was edited. :p

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Does anyone else ever type "from" but when they proof read it they see "form" and think:
WHAT THE F*$K IS WRONG WITH EVERY COMPUTER I EVER FRICKEN USE!! WHY ARE YOU AUTO CORRECTING ME INCORRECTLY!!

Must be crossed wires in my muscular memory or something, LOLOLOL

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Does anyone else ever type "from" but when they proof read it they see "form" and think:
WHAT THE F*$K IS WRONG WITH EVERY COMPUTER I EVER FRICKEN USE!! WHY ARE YOU AUTO CORRECTING ME INCORRECTLY!!

I get that with fuel, I swear I type it correctly, but then upon reading, it appears "fule". Damn computer auto-incorrected me.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

Constantly...

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
LOL, yes I too am not perfect as pointed out above. I won't even attempt to defend myself.

I seriously don't have an issue with typo's or some words being misspelt, otherwise I would proof read by posts so I don't look hypocritical. My irk is reading basic errors and grammar, I know it's not the person's fault totally as they are a product of our society. I have a son with learning difficulties but he makes an effort to spell words right, and no not because I ever berated or belittled him, just it is important to him to get it right. He often asks how to spell words as he is not ashamed to. Growing up I encouraged him to always ask for help filling in forms etc. and he embraced that.

If you know you are a shocking speller then why not get a spell checker and learn what words you are getting wrong after all it's all about memory retention. If you type 'thay' each time and see it needs to be corrected to 'they' then after a while you will remember the correct spelling.

Take a minute longer to type a message/email/post. 'C u l8r' is just plain lazy.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
you mean like this:
my car got a bump on a stone 3 days ago.

Today, my trasmission didnt work very well
when the car change from gear 1 to gear 2 It need 3200RPM to do it(And i feel some impact)
and the car wont change to gear 3 even the speed is 70km

I am worrying about and just keep it under 3000RPM in gear 2 .

Anyone know what is the problem is my car, and how can I fix it.

Is it safe to drive it on highway in this situation?

Many thanks

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
I do often wonder what people think when I text or Facebook in proper Language... Maybe I'm not cool??

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
It's quite sad when you see people who cannot spell basics words. Two examples I have seen today are 'thay' and 'carnt' I also recently read a post of here that comprised of around a dozen sentances but not comma or period was to be seen.

*sentences ;)