Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Indicators not auto cancelling after turn

wildfiremaint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS , 2007 Subaru LIBERTY Wagon
Hi Riff,
Search for “VS series 2 indicator stork “

( use exact same spelling )

Photos included - I fixed my VR using plastic plumbing of same radius from Bunnings,

Last edited:

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I'd remove the indicator first to work out if it's that or the cam. Then replace what's needed

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
Yes the switch is the same. However the cancelling cam is on the steering wheel and wasn't a problem until VS. I didn't think the problem remained with introduction of the VT?
The info I'd been looking at was in relation to a VR and I thought it sounded like a reasonable cause of the problem and went looking for this magical cancel cam on a couple of VX donor cars I have. The reason the cancel cam problem went away with the VT is that the cancel cam itself went away with the VT. The function it performed is now taken up by the clock spring housing in a VT/VX. Pulled apart two steering columns before working this out. Is there anything the clock spring doesn't f*ck with? They are the bane of my existence.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'm not up with prices of a CS on a VT but I suspect you might be not as bad off as a VE one, which last I looked was close to $500. I wanted a spare for inventory, but at that price I will worry about it when I need it.

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
I know what you mean now. The vt canceller is on the clockspring.
And it only took the dismantling of two steering columns for me to figure that out! How many functions do they want to control with one device?!

Reactions: Lex

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm not up with prices of a CS on a VT but I suspect you might be not as bad off as a VE one, which last I looked was close to $500. I wanted a spare for inventory, but at that price I will worry about it when I need it.
Depends on what luxury variant it is - one has more wires on the ribbon than the other because of the steering wheel stereo buttons. They're about $300 new, or you can roll the dice on a used one for $90 that is one forgotten battery disconnection away from permanently illuminating your cluster with the airbag light. Replaced it in my last VX to get rid of the airbag light but after a few years the horn would only work if the steering wheel was straight. I wasn't replacing it again, I just couldn't get angry at other cars when driving around bends.
Inventory? Like you keep a spare everything laying around? How organised is your garage?

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Unfortunately the stalks are at that age where they are starting to break. Gen are NLA, which is a shame because aftermarket ones are junk.
I've got a couple of donor cars, but their stalks don't match - the VT has cruise control. One donor car does, one doesn't. The one that does though, is a VX and they changed the cruise control function from a push button in the VT to a twist in the VX. Can you replace a push button VT one with a twist VX one? I don't know if the little connections are the same. Anyone ever tried?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Not as organised as I would like. It will be better when the step daughter moves out and I can bring my grandmothers bedroom suite inside and can move some shelves in the shed to the other side.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I've got a couple of donor cars, but their stalks don't match - the VT has cruise control. One donor car does, one doesn't. The one that does though, is a VX and they changed the cruise control function from a push button in the VT to a twist in the VX. Can you replace a push button VT one with a twist VX one? I don't know if the little connections are the same. Anyone ever tried?
There are people that have done swap years ago.
I found a thread. Go to the bottom post 9.

Actually post 3.
1680606960259.png

You might be able to do it. Its cutting the plugs of both stalks & plugs or sockets?
See how you go?

Last edited:

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi Riff,
Search for “VS series 2 indicator stork “

( use exact same spelling )

Photos included - I fixed my VR using plastic plumbing of same radius from Bunnings,
indicator stork.jpg

Indicator Stork.
(I totally did not spend several hours drawing this, purely for this one bad joke. *cough*)

Last edited: