Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

injectors the same between vs v8 and vn/vp v8?

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
my vs s1 v8 needs a new set of injectors, but i can't find any stock vs v8 ones on ebay, some remanufacturing place said they'd have some in soon, but that the vn/vp ones they had didn't flow enough.

anyone know if this is accurate, or have access to some part numbers to confirm this.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
They're a different injector for sure. They wont fit in the rail for a start. The VN injectors are longer by about a half inch.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
They're a different injector for sure. They wont fit in the rail for a start. The VN injectors are longer by about a half inch.

Huh? You're joking right.....The injectors are all the same external dimensions from VN to VT series 1.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
considering the motors are identicle vn-s pretty much, i cant see why vn/p injectors wont fit. Potentially a different model injector may have been used to get a different spray pattern...blah..blah, In the end if they are different your not gonna notice.

T-rex

Reaction score
Members Ride
4 Banger Hilux
out of curiosity and the possible need of some my self, how much does a set go for?

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
If ur after second hand ones....I got some, selling the fuel rail with injectors for $50. Come off a running VQ....been sitting in the shed for about 12 months tho. PM me if ur interested.

T-rex

Reaction score
Members Ride
4 Banger Hilux
Thanks for the offer but I'm not after them just yet.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Huh? You're joking right.....The injectors are all the same external dimensions from VN to VT series 1.

Hmm, Well I've got a set of VN injectors in the shed. And pulled an injector out of the rail from my mates VR Calais and they're tottally different. The VR injector was a fair bit shorter.

That said, I searched the VN part number on the net and found that it was a VN injector, but the Part number off the VR injector found nothing. So maybe it isn't and OEM injector?

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
They will fit mate. I have interchanged vs v8 injectors on to a vn v8, worked a treat. what you should be looking at is the distance from the top O ring to the bottom one.. you will find that they are the same length. The total length is a tad different cause of the (i think its the name) pintle cap