Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Insurance agreed value increase

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
A mate of mine got a quote from YOUI for his VF GTS that he takes for a spin 3 or 4 times a year, it's a '14 GTS with 8500km's like brand new. Their quote was more than double the price of Allianz, so much for their marketing with cheaper premiums for cars not driven often.
That’s only for lowest-common-denominator zero-enthusiast-value whitegoods. Surprised they didn’t just refuse an HSV outright.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Don't talked to me about those ***** at Shannon's, I had a terrible time with them years ago and will never go back.

My 2 C63's are insured with Mercedes-Benz, they have their own big repair centre in Sydney or alternatively a list of approved repairers. They also allow you to go to your own repairer if you choose. If you go to them or their approved repairers, they use new genuine MB parts or when new parts are no-longer available, recognised aftermarket or secondhand parts. What is unusual is they are underwritten by Allianz and their policy is cheaper than if I insure with Allianz direct, they are also cheaper than AAMI and a couple of other places I've gotten quotes from. They give you an equivalent Merc to your own as a loan car, whether you need it or not. It's all so cheap, all you have to do is shell out the money to buy the AMG in the first place and the savings begin. None of the budget insurers will touch cars like AMG's

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
That’s only for lowest-common-denominator zero-enthusiast-value whitegoods. Surprised they didn’t just refuse an HSV outright.

I'm doubly surprised.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
A mate of mine got a quote from YOUI for his VF GTS that he takes for a spin 3 or 4 times a year, it's a '14 GTS with 8500km's like brand new. Their quote was more than double the price of Allianz, so much for their marketing with cheaper premiums for cars not driven often.
I used to be with Youi when I first got the SSV. Once car values started to go up I asked them about getting agreed value added on and they would only give me $18k tops on it when most manual SSVs were being advertised around $20-30k on Carsales so I got a quote from Shannons.

Shannons would give me $25k straight up for agreed value as well as a hire car after event and a windscreen replacement per year, for basically the same price I was paying with Youi without those things.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
My 2 C63's are insured with Mercedes-Benz, they have their own big repair centre in Sydney or alternatively a list of approved repairers. They also allow you to go to your own repairer if you choose. If you go to them or their approved repairers, they use new genuine MB parts or when new parts are no-longer available, recognised aftermarket or secondhand parts. What is unusual is they are underwritten by Allianz and their policy is cheaper than if I insure with Allianz direct, they are also cheaper than AAMI and a couple of other places I've gotten quotes from. They give you an equivalent Merc to your own as a loan car, whether you need it or not. It's all so cheap, all you have to do is shell out the money to buy the AMG in the first place and the savings begin. None of the budget insurers will touch cars like AMG's
BMW insurance is also underwritten by Allianz, but I don't know if they're cheaper than insuring with Allianz direct. No doubt from underwriting for prestige car manufacturers, Allianz certainly have a culture for quality repair work that extends to most makes it seems.

The best repairer we use is one of two BMW approved repairers in SA who is also Ferrari approved and their work particularly paint is awesome. They repainted my hard lid to match the colour properly and sent me a photo of it painted straight off the gun, an excellent job and perfect colour match!

644731768.jpg

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
I don't get it!
Does everyone think insurance companies are there to pay claims and repair vehicles?
I thought they were there just to take premiums.
Anyway, I'm just using them to take my money. I'm not planning to make a claim.

Reactions: Lex

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I thought they were there just to take premiums.
Anyway, I'm just using them to take my money. I'm not planning to make a claim.
Yep, that’s their major priority but what gets me is that the premium increase is justified based on inflation while the max liability (payout) has been limited to $20 million for as long as I can remember. $20M a couple decades ago is equal to somewhere between $40M & $80M today considering stuff seems to double every decade…

Sadly inflation seems to impact premiums resulting in increases while it chews away at the caps that benefit policy holders :mad:

Same **** with home contents insurance where in circa 2000, the home owners cash holdings claimable limit were capped at $500 in home theft claims. Now in circa 2020, it’s still limited to $500 while premiums have increased by quite a margin :mad:

Guess no one plans to make a claim but one really needs to understand what they are paying for as shite does happen :oops:

gmholdman

Reaction score
Members Ride
v6 in FJ ute
I have 4 cars insured by S….ons and have been a customer for 30 yrs with no claims. Had first claim recently ( wife’s car, no other car involved ) and waited 3 months for an assessment. Now waiting for beater to repair, maybe after Xmas ???
Yes, went in to panel shop early February, that’s now coming up 5 weeks. At least repairer supplied a car at no cost so that settled the wife down a bit.