Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Insurance recommendations

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Unroadworthy due to no mod plate right?

Not sure how your state approves modifications, but they would have to be approved for the insurance company to accept the car is roadworthy with modifications

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Illegal modifications to a car deem it unroadworthy...So doesn't matter if the driver is a learner or a driver with an unblemished record for 50 years....Unroadworthy means a cause to knock back a claim....
I know. I’m not talking about illegal modifications, I’m talking about legal modifications that become illegal when it’s a P plater driving the car.

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Not what any P plater ever wants to hear but best thing they can do is keep the car clean and stock. I tried to tell that to the kid next door with a stock 2L Lancer ES but within a few weeks it was sticker bombed and had a new exhaust with a massive 4" or 5" cannon and sounds like absolute crap. He sure loves revving the **** out of it for no reason all the time though.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I know. I’m not talking about illegal modifications, I’m talking about legal modifications that become illegal when it’s a P plater driving the car.
Sorry, I got the impression you were referring to any sort of modifications being no good for insurance with a p plater...

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Not what any P plater ever wants to hear but best thing they can do is keep the car clean and stock. I tried to tell that to the kid next door with a stock 2L Lancer ES but within a few weeks it was sticker bombed and had a new exhaust with a massive 4" or 5" cannon and sounds like absolute crap. He sure loves revving the **** out of it for no reason all the time though.

6 months in and my young bloke's VRX is still stock.

Ps come off in a month.

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
Sorry, I got the impression you were referring to any sort of modifications being no good for insurance with a p plater...
Although my modifications will most likely be roadworthy, I will have to talk to my insurance company then. Yes, I am on my p plates.

However, interior and exterior is completely original, and I drive sensibly, which must be why I have never been pulled over what so ever by the police

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Although my modifications will most likely be roadworthy, I will have to talk to my insurance company then. Yes, I am on my p plates.

However, interior and exterior is completely original, and I drive sensibly, which must be why I have never been pulled over what so ever by the police
Any modifications involving power are normally out of the question for a P plater. That basically rules out doing anything to the engine.

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
Any modifications involving power are normally out of the question for a P plater. That basically rules out doing anything to the engine.
Understood mate. Didn’t realise insurance implications were very serious.
So basically, that would mean the large percentage of p players driving a modified car will recieve a big surprise when an insurance claim needs to be made?

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
It's called living the "fully sic" life ;)

On a more serious note, that would be extremely annoying though remember that it will only be a matter of time before the engine goes ka-boom!

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
It's called living the "fully sic" life ;)

On a more serious note, that would be extremely annoying though remember that it will only be a matter of time before the engine goes ka-boom!
Life is to short to drive stock cars