Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is 270xxx k's too high?

perthvzsv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ5.7SV8A42005
Same had a barina with quite low kms, still broke the timing chain, bent vlaves , it was a real mess and expensive, it was always breaking.
I only fixed it as it was a gift from wifes father, but not a very reliable car ever.
With those kms i would give it a miss, just my opinion
Cheers Dave, Perth

VF2R

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 Ute/ 2016 VF2 SS-V Redline
Same had a barina with quite low kms, still broke the timing chain, bent vlaves , it was a real mess and expensive, it was always breaking.
I only fixed it as it was a gift from wifes father, but not a very reliable car ever.
Cheers Dave, Perth
I drove one once as a hack provided by my work. What a shitbox. Gave it back and used my own car at my own expense and called it a win.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Cheers Dave, Perth
Any Korean Holden seems to be total garbage... IMO, Holden should've just stuck with the German products as they were a little better, but still garbage...

Edit: I'm thinking of this Barina... My mistake...

1657277215308.png

Last edited:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Good point....I wonder if we'll hear back considering they disappeared straight after the post
Why is it .......... new members post a question or problem, which is sometimes only 1/4 of the story, create a confusion amongst members replies, and don't return, respond or clarify what they were originally meant. :mad:

If it is a Barina, it would be an Spanish built XC Barina, which were a good little car.
The one we had from new was passed through various family members, had a a problem that Holden couldn't fix, but an experienced independant mech who diagnosed it by my explanation, and fixed it for 15% of the price that Holden charged not to fix it.
The odometer broke just after 200Km, and it staggered on for a few more years, battling neglect, before it was traded with badly faded paint and a suspect engine rattle.
But 270Km for a 1400cc shopping trolley is too many.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Why is it .......... new members post a question or problem, which is sometimes only 1/4 of the story, create a confusion amongst members replies, and don't return.
Then to top it off someone new creates an account in 10-20 years time and starts responding to those threads like it was posted yesterday :p