Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is it possible to supercharge a VF 3.6 with nothing but a VCM and tune?

Rooney69

'Sarcasm'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V 3.6
My car is a 2014 VF Calais V 3.6 with 115k on it and all I have done to it is a VCM intake and custom tune.

If I wanted to have it supercharged would I by default need to have ALL other basics mods done first?

Like exhaust and cam/head package?

Forgive my lack of knowledge but yeah just wanting some advice about this.

H

harrop.senator

Yeah man you can do it on stock exhausts and cams.

Just install the kit , get tuned .

Cfb_rolley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
I really want to know how to have the V6 auto box handle the extra torque. Many threads I've seen regarding results of turbocharging or supercharging LFX commodores and Camaros mention "driveline problems", broken input shafts or having to rebuild the box. but alas, no one seems to know bugger all about the 6L45 box

H

harrop.senator

I've not seen that many failures with the 6l50 and assumed theyd be decent as they're behind the Colorados even with the diesels.

Variable vane turbo technology and direct injection makes a lot low down.

I wonder if it's the amount of torque produced at the high shaft speed ?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I really want to know how to have the V6 auto box handle the extra torque. Many threads I've seen regarding results of turbocharging or supercharging LFX commodores and Camaros mention "driveline problems", broken input shafts or having to rebuild the box. but alas, no one seems to know bugger all about the 6L45 box
The 6l45 are supposed to be a lighter & stronger tranny than the 6l50.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
You'll need a decal for your windscreen:
MMuB.jpg

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
In answer to the original topic of the thread, you'll need a supercharger, a VCM & tune won't supercharge an engine.
Raptor make a kit for a stock 3.6. The rest is just spray and pray

https://raptorsc.com.au/holden/holden-commodore-vz-with-alloytec-3-6-kits/
Wonder what fitment issues it introduces, trying to put that VZ-aimed kit into a VF?
Like whether any spinny-thing interferes with another spinny-thing, if pipe lengths need to change, if there's not room to route the piping in the same locations ... ?

Also ... and sorry, but I've been itching to say this since the thread appeared ... but in answer to the original question --> no, you need to also buy a supercharger!

Last edited: