Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Sp your saying your 100% behind government controlled assets now your lord and saviour Plutonium Pete has decided that it should be so?

Lets be 100% honest here, if a Labor goverment had proposed nuclear you would be screaming it down and decrying the government interference in the free market!
Not my lord and saviour, I don't vote for them.
I couldn't care who runs what frankly. Whatever will provide the cheapest, most reliable power for the people.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Reality is that the whole world is transitioning away for fossil fuels for good scientific reasons.

We are also transitioning away because it makes economic sense as well. But the LNP keeps feeding the masses bullshit that renewables are to blame for increased power bills.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Lets be 100% honest here, if a Labor goverment had proposed nuclear you would be screaming it down and decrying the government interference in the free market!
i was going to say that if Labor was all nuclear then all u followers would also be nuclear and if dutton was renewables then u would all be against it, but i dont vote for the party i vote for what they want to bring so if Labor was nuclear then they would get my vote simple, only thing id think about was if the greens were part of it they may not get my vote cos greens are just pure garbage

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just you getting unnecessarily pissy.

Forgive me, I don’t suffer fools with aplomb and never will.

I've again quoted your post. Bolded and enlarged YOUR words.

Did you miss all the other stuff I mentioned as well as batteries? There are multiple battery types by the way, not just lithium ion before you decide to bang on that I just said using lithium ion batteries is retarded.

Grid scale batteries do provide an important service aside from just bulk power storage because they can respond very quickly to peaks and troughs in grid frequency so they help to keep grid frequency within its required range to keep everything operating smoothly.

Ideally grid storage batteries would only be used at the margins for FCAS support and bulk storage would be handled by other storage options, like pumped hydro, liquid air, heat storage, etc.

https://aemo.com.au/-/media/files/e...rvices-in-the-national-electricity-market.pdf

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Dutton was talking about doing **** 10-15 years from now, it's easy to say when he and non of the current members will likely still be in parliament. What he said was worthless, nothing more than a pipe dream and hollow promises he will never have to deliver on.

Now if he was to run for the next parliament on the platform of making Nuclear power a reality starting the next term with a viable costed plan etc maybe someone might take it seriously. But then, try selling it to the public.

^^^^^ this!

The ‘nuclear debate’ isn’t about nuclear at all. It’s all about doing nothing.

I’m not against nuclear per se, but I very much doubt what the LNP is offering is a genuine alternative energy generation model, but rather they are simply offering a delay, and a viable excuse for that delay.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Now if he was to run for the next parliament on the platform of making Nuclear power a reality starting the next term with a viable costed plan etc maybe someone might take it seriously. But then, try selling it to the public.
that is what he is doing, but within his term prob not as labor wont agree with anything and getting the ban removed will prob take some time like everything usually does, but we will see what the people vote for and go that way which ever it is

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
Not my lord and saviour, I don't vote for them.
I couldn't care who runs what frankly. Whatever will provide the cheapest, most reliable power for the people.

And what politician is going to go out on a limb to promote nuclear power when the Japanese are currently releasing contaminated water from the Fukushima melt down into the Pacific which is still in peoples minds and convince those people who will have those new nuclear plants in their back yards.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Forgive me, I don’t suffer fools with aplomb and never will.

Did you miss all the other stuff I mentioned as well as batteries? There are multiple battery types by the way, not just lithium ion before you decide to bang on that I just said using lithium ion batteries is retarded.

Grid scale batteries do provide an important service aside from just bulk power storage because they can respond very quickly to peaks and troughs in grid frequency so they help to keep grid frequency within its required range to keep everything operating smoothly.

Ideally grid storage batteries would only be used at the margins for FCAS support and bulk storage would be handled by other storage options, like pumped hydro, liquid air, heat storage, etc.

https://aemo.com.au/-/media/files/e...rvices-in-the-national-electricity-market.pdf
So now you're saying you did bring it up?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
And what politician is going to go out on a limb to promote nuclear power when the Japanese are currently releasing contaminated water from the Fukushima melt down into the Pacific which is still in peoples minds and convince those people who will have those new nuclear plants in their back yards.
what they are releasing is less then what naturally happens anyway

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
i was going to say that if Labor was all nuclear then all u followers would also be nuclear and if dutton was renewables then u would all be against it, but i dont vote for the party i vote for what they want to bring so if Labor was nuclear then they would get my vote simple, only thing id think about was if the greens were part of it they may not get my vote cos greens are just pure garbage

No I wouldn’t be for nuclear just because Labor decided to do it. I would do my own research and come to my own conclusion, exactly as I have done and espousing now.