Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

/// Jesters Silver Purse

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
Challenge Accepted i can totally get in through that gap

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Even parked in on its side like a baus

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Installed some weathershields today:
919872_10151603017116703_1271962593_o.jpg

Also, here is a shot of the interior lite up. Note the illuminated steering wheel controls. This is something I had to enable as for whatever reason they don't have the loom for these factory in AUS.
913836_10151603017191703_889620572_o.jpg

Next on the list is to sort out some tint on the front to match the privacy tint on the back.

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
you need a big #### off bullbar haha just kidding....nice weather shields love the slim versions (hate the aussie ones that come on the ford/holden these days)

must feel weird being so high off the ground..you must feel like a bus driver :p

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
What! The steering wheel controls light up? Sonabitch!!!!!

That was one of my reasons to trade in our old X Trail. Hated not knowing where all the buttons where in that car. Always seemed to be darker inside than any of the other cars we had. (tint non withstanding).

Danielzke

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commy
Thank god it's not one of those xtrails with the cluster in the middle of the car. They are super weird haha. Not a bad car mate, would be a lot better to drive then the clubby. When are we gonna see some shots of the car covered in mud ?

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yep, took me about 15min to add the wiring that illuminates the controls.

I was shocked it has been disabled in the AUS version. And in various none Australian videos on youtube I noticed them working so some research lead me to instructions on what needed to be done.

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Thank god it's not one of those xtrails with the cluster in the middle of the car. They are super weird haha. Not a bad car mate, would be a lot better to drive then the clubby. When are we gonna see some shots of the car covered in mud ?

Yeah I hate the older ones with the cluster in the middle. Plus the interior finish in those didnt seem as nice.

Really can't compare this to the clubby. The ride in the clubby was amazing, in this it's, uneventful.

But that was sort of the idea. I love blending in and not worrying about being oulled over etc.

I am planning on taking it iut in some mud. Though being on road tyres it may be interesting.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I remember when I was reading various reviews about the CVT module in particular a lot of people talked about it being severely underpowered and that it felt very heavy.

While I can't say that it's exactly "fast" and it's not quite what I would consider "quick", it is "zippy".

In full auto it is a bit lethargic and takes a while to decided what RPM it wants to sit at for the acceleration period (still can't get used to that where the rpm doesn change but I accelerate), but pop it into "manual" and the "gears" hold while the engine accelerates the car. In this mode it gets up and moves quite well.

We've got a 2007 Outlander with CVT as the family bus. Had it since new and it still feels wierd sometimes when accelerating. But same as you, put in sports shift and feels a completely different car. Great on the highway for overtaking.

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Latest update; I put some tyres on the car a couple months ago.