Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jesus christ!! When are hrt going to wake the hell up????

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I used to watch every second of every race but I think because that was a different time and everything has changed I'm no longer interested. Maybe if you grew up with how it is now then it's ok. Still F1 has changed 100 times and I'm still watching :D fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bwapraaaapbwapraaaaap

How about NASCAR
FJUOM.....FJUOM..FJUOM.FJUOM.FJUOM.FJUOM.FJUOM.........FJUOMFJUOMFJUOMFJUOM................FJUOM.FJUOM

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
That's another valid point. I do quite possibly only still love the sport, because I never knew it as anything else really.

And love your text version of car sounds Greenfoam :p

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
How about NASCAR
FJUOM.....FJUOM..FJUOM.FJUOM.FJUOM.FJUOM.FJUOM.........FJUOMFJUOMFJUOMFJUOM................FJUOM.FJUOM

I watched the Daytona 500 on pay tv the other day.

Watched the V8's on pay sunday night.

NASCAR wins. I always figured it was crap, not worth watching, driving around in circles 'woo-hoo'.

But that was the third or fourth race I've watched from start to finish and its the bomb!

-Junior-

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn auto
I watched the Daytona 500 on pay tv the other day.

Watched the V8's on pay sunday night.

NASCAR wins. I always figured it was crap, not worth watching, driving around in circles 'woo-hoo'.

But that was the third or fourth race I've watched from start to finish and its the bomb!

Couldn't agree more.

As others have said, v8's to me have become boring. It's more about qualifying than the race as how often do you see someone from mid-pack actually win compared to NASCAR where they can will from 43rd.

Bring back the days of the mid 80's to mid 90's when the racing was actually exciting.

Just my 2 cents.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Some people may find it boring, and that's fine no one forces you to watch it, but for me it's the only thing on TV worth watching. I still love V8 Supercar racing.....Even if it is only a badge and shell that's different. Atleast it's not like F1 & NASCAR where all the cars even LOOK the same. I HATE F1, so i don't watch it, simple really.

V8 Supercars are a work of art, those engines make me drool everytime i see one.

F1 boring. not this season and F1 cars are nothing alike, yes they may copy stuff from other teams but each puts there own spin on it to suit there car. they can even have a different wheelbase to the next car as long as it falls within the minimum and maximum guidelines (V8supercars take note):p the engine freeze does suck. i don't really watch Nascar but they do have awsome engines.

i certainly still watch V8supercars but it's not as interesting as it was 10-15years ago. the only race i really pay attention to is Bathurst and thats because my man Murph is going to win this year and Skaife will be up there with him :D

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
I wasn't aware anyone other than Bernie watched the F1 nowdays

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Even the latest millions they wasted on advertising with the bimbo teenybopper popstar 'Pink' - has little if any relevance to the actual series. It's marketed at teenage girls.

LOL, yeh, because every teenage girl loves watching Motorsport....:hmmm:

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Even the latest millions they wasted on advertising with the bimbo teenybopper popstar 'Pink' - has little if any relevance to the actual series. It's marketed at teenage girls.

Yeah gotta say i lost a bit of interest just because of that ad. Tired of seeing that overrated woman everywhere and now the V8's are caught up in it

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67