Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JETURBO's DONKEY

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Where have you been all my life ?

LMAO - oldie but a goodie.

Has that made you feel better? Could almost say made your year to date ....

Clearly you missed the smiley face - was having a lend of you.

haven't i seen u driving a VE ?

I have one, but I rarely drive it. I am usually either in the company car or my partner's car. The VE gathers dusts in the garage.

Not really an engineering masterpiece is it,

Nope, but the colour matched my eyes so I bought it.

Adelaide is a lovely small place...... Isn't it.

The world is a small place, not just Adelaide. Happy new year to you :)

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
Well played Bear

Well played lolol

I take nothing serious, everythings a larf ;)

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Thought MY15 autos had paddles? And being 340, isn't that the SV? Where is the SV rims?

Nice car but I agree its a MY14 build

Enjoy the mods

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I would have thought that having modded cars previously (I must say I have never heard of your famous Ford feats) that you understand the difference between the SSVR Holden (this is a Holden forum BTW) and the make and model you bought. So what (apart from the wank value) made you part with around $18,000 extra for an R8 fancy tart with icing when coming from a Ford background you used to be content playing around and living with a Donkey?

Is it the extra few thousands on the bore or the badge or what exactly made you spend any more versus Holden, then spend even more again on last year's poseur (wood duck) version (SV) which already comes with a high performance SV intake and exhaust (minus the wheels in your case) when you intend to rip those out first off?

I hope this forum can point you in the right direction and help you save a bit mate, seems to me (at least from a Holden performance perspective) you've started out on the wrong side of the eight ball... so how about $200 back for the bi-modal intake via PayPal when you go OTR, or $500 SV headers cats and intake?

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
My reasons for getting the "wanky" model, which ive read many times your all against ( and sounds like you justify it to your self very well ) is for reasons that may sound a bit numb to most but from a "potential" workshop point of view it makes loads more sence

If your struggling to read into this ... Great.... If u really want to know your welcome to send me a PM ;)

From my very "limited" knowledge on these vehicles i could of got the VF SSV REDLINE at aprox $62k driveaway ( using this price because i know someone who just paid it )

Or the HSV for $66,700 driveaway

So where at $4700 differance, yeh ?

Now looking at the 2nd hand market of 4/5 year old SSV's vs HSV's that 4-5k is still there so its respective at sale time

How can I justify spending an additional $4700 for what u may suggest is a lesser vehicle ? Easy the brakes are alot nicer vs brembos ( only on front anyway ) now fit some 4pots to your rear ssv and theres nearly your 3k

And then that power packed 200cc , has to be worth at least something lol

Anyone can buy what they want and justify it, i happily bought something that met the requirements of my financial advisor, and being the guy i pay money to that makes me very nice returns, id buy a pink elephant if he told me to ( and justified it ) the car had to be a certain amount of value initily and attainable less depreciation at sale ( iam sure u can work this out )

Business first, everything else after

If your super interested i can show u how i drove a FPV for 4 years and used it as sn R&D vehicle and cost me as much as a VT commodore :)

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
KMate you are going to cop some flack posting as much as you are without some form of spell check, common courtesy, just a heads-up ;)

My reasons for getting the "wanky" model, which ive read many times your all against ( and sounds like you justify it to your self very well ) is for reasons that may sound a bit numb to most but from a "potential" workshop point of view it makes loads more sence

Yes what do you think is better about the potential of your car's motor versus a Holden, especially when turboed?

If your struggling to read into this ... Great.... If u really want to know your welcome to send me a PM ;)

No thanks, it's a puzzle most Holden owners have why newcomers buy the belts and braces model then rip those bits off, let's share.

From my very "limited" knowledge on these vehicles i could of got the VF SSV REDLINE at aprox $62k driveaway ( using this price because i know someone who just paid it )
Or the HSV for $66,700 driveaway
So where at $4700 differance, yeh ?

Well that's a high price for an SSVR, really. Must include seat protection and rustproofing? 2014 SSR is $58k drive away with no questions asked or bargaining offered. That's $8000 difference. The Lowndes edition with the brakes is cheaper than that drive away, has TAPShift 2.0.

How can I justify spending an additional $4700 for what u may suggest is a lesser vehicle ? Easy the brakes are alot nicer vs brembos ( only on front anyway ) now fit some 4pots to your rear ssv and theres nearly your 3k

The brakes don't perform better and the price is nowhere near that, less than $1200 complete for rears.

Anyone can buy what they want and justify it, i happily bought something that met the requirements of my financial advisor, and being the guy i pay money to that makes me very nice returns, id buy a pink elephant if he told me to ( and justified it ) the car had to be a certain amount of value initily and attainable less depreciation at sale ( iam sure u can work this out )

Of course you can get whatever you want but just a waste of money given what you intend to do is all. Right, so although you know about modding cars and intend to rip the guts out of the more expensive one versus a functionally equivalent Holden, you chose to blow the dough because your accountant (who presumably knows Donkeys and beans but nothing about these cars) advised you. Once again I think you can get a lot out of this forum, and definitely get back some of the dough you just flushed buying that Donkey.

If your super interested i can show u how i drove a FPV for 4 years and used it as sn R&D vehicle and cost me as much as a VT commodore :)

Serious? Mate... this is a Holden forum, there is catering for cool stories about cars from other manufacturers in Miscellaneous, feel free to tell all.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
KMate you are going to cop some flack posting as much as you are without some form common courtesy.

I think a few people could probably do with some of this in this thread.

Pirate, you really need to open your other eye once in a while.

The arse on these is really starting to win me over. Whites not to bad either, with some black accenting white cars can really pop.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
(insert screechy cat noise here)

Pirate, no offence but lets not turn another thread into "who knows best" argument. Let the man do as he pleases, It's his money/time (and thread) and at the end of the day that is all that matters.

Personally, I think the wagon versions look the goods in models.

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
KMate you are going to cop some flack posting as much as you are without some form of spell check, common courtesy, just a heads-up ;)

I blame the iphone and thats my excuse ;)

Yes what do you think is better about the potential of your car's motor versus a Holden, especially when turboed?

Its end direction is neither here nor there ( N/A , turbo, turbo's , blown )

No thanks, it's a puzzle most Holden owners have why newcomers buy the belts and braces model then rip those bits off, let's share.

It will all be reverted to stock one day and sold as a stocker and its value will be respective, that thing I mentioned ( ssv VS hsv )

Well that's a high price for an SSVR, really. Must include seat protection and rustproofing? 2014 SSR is $58k drive away with no questions asked or bargaining offered. That's $8000 difference. The Lowndes edition with the brakes is cheaper than that drive away, has TAPShift 2.0.

It is what it is, price was paid $62k MY15 with paddles so thats what i use as a reference point for this discussion;)

The brakes don't perform better and the price is nowhere near that, less than $1200 complete for rears.

Had to "BRAKE" it to you but the HSV. AP's blitz the brembos end rant there

Of course you can get whatever you want but just a waste of money given what you intend to do is all. Right, so although you know about modding cars and intend to rip the guts out of the more expensive one versus a functionally equivalent Holden, you chose to blow the dough because your accountant (who presumably knows Donkeys and beans but nothing about these cars) advised you. Once again I think you can get a lot out of this forum, and definitely get back some of the dough you just flushed buying that Donkey.

Obviously he did not pick the car but gave me a strict budget to work off and i went from there

Serious? Mate... this is a Holden forum, there is catering for cool stories about cars from other manufacturers in Miscellaneous, feel free to tell all.

Got lots of cool stories, we should share lol

Cheers for being super concerned but my choice is intentional and yes ive done a good chunk of reading before buying but very openly admitted iam new to the holden ways and look forward to picking your brain on things more fruitful than the choice of what i bought

Thanks again tho :)

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
(insert screechy cat noise here)

Pirate, no offence but lets not turn another thread into "who knows best" argument. Let the man do as he pleases, It's his money/time (and thread) and at the end of the day that is all that matters.

Personally, I think the wagon versions look the goods in models.

Sure, just this is the second bloke to come on here with a Gen-F SV with intention of making the car better by removing the SV bits. In the end the last guy was really thankful for the insight and enlightenment BtW (stopped unsanctioned promotion coming through the forum's backdoor via his unofficial -unpaid- PR showcase / marketing videos too) ;)

Sure OP can blow money doing Donkeys or whatever he likes. Not really clever though, and yes I will continue to point dumb things out if they don't make sense.