Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just got HSV headers

HB.SSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Thanks for that info. I might have to measure the outlet when i go to pick it up. Im under the impression the hsv mid section negates the need for weldin o2 bungs? In addition to this does it have any effect on power or noise? If not wouldnt it be cost effective to just get an exhaust shop to weld the o2 bungs in?

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
Some HSV mids have bung holes some don’t,the HSV mid will give a louder note and tad more power,worth while addition,suss out eBay as they do come up,you used to be able to get them for free at exhaust shops but they woke up to that and now charge nearly as much as after market pipes,they get them for nothing and scalp every one,some are charging $400 for bimodal cans they got for nicks.

HB.SSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Ahh well hopefully my guy has a mid to throw in with the headers. Last question is there a difference between r8 and gts headers? Can i use either.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
Ahh well hopefully my guy has a mid to throw in with the headers. Last question is there a difference between r8 and gts headers? Can i use either.
only LS3 vs LSA is different

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
You can use either header from R8 or GTS,forget about LSA as they are a log header as per std VF V8,if you were in Syd I could set you up with GTS mid with bungs straight bolt in,the only difference in HSV headers is if you look in the exit flange you most likely see one of two,the 2 1/4 has a distinctive step down and the 2 1/2 is smooth,I have fotos to note the diferance but for the life of me I haven’t been able to post fotos of my collection of headers to show the difference.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Use imgur then just link the album for simplicity

LodiBruce

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Chevy SS Sedan
OP, were you able to get pics of your install? B.

TTubrag

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
I fitted Hurricane 4 into 1 with Manta 2 1/2 medium noise exhaust,very happy with fit and like the sound a lot more over the afore mentioned HSV set up I had before,the Hurricane headers fit real well compared to another brand,they redesigned them for VFs to clear the extra wiring around the starter motor,the one thing I did do was sand blast the headers to get the awful blue paint off then sprayed my own heat proof paint on,I don’t have a sound clip as it is very subjective to sound devise and what is used to play the sound.

LS1SS,
How do those Hurricane 4-1’s go with clearance under the car, collecting speed bumps, driveway curbs etc?
Do they hang lower than the original exhaust?
Lower than the chassis rails?
Having had them installed for a while now, what are the +’s and -‘s of the Hurricanes?

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
I pick up a set of 340kw headers on Monday and I’m tossing up with the idea of fitting them myself.

The workshop manual is saying that the manifold bolts must be replaced is this true??