Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kayhan Mylink Replacement Hands on(info)

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
the google play issue is resolved HERE.
keep in mind you still do not have admin access over the unit and cannot access developer mode.
you will lose root access after installing the google play store fix too.

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
It is best to not buy this unit until kayhan sorts a massive issue out and that is selling you a unit that you only have "user" access to and not "admin" access.
they have passwords set on most of the options needed to do something as simple as remove your google account which is stupid.
the play store will update and you will not be able to access it because you need to re load your google account and you will never be able to remove it or factory reset or access developer options in the current state they are selling it.

so it is definitely something to stay away from until they decide to give the passwords.

Thanks for the warning.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Interesting, tried any of the common passwords Kayhan has used for the other units?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Interesting, tried any of the common passwords Kayhan has used for the other units?
Why don't they supply passwords for an item you spent good money on and now own?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Why don't they supply passwords for an item you spent good money on and now own?
The usual reason given is "we don't sell you only the unit, but also the settings in that unit which makes it work properly; and it took us time & money to develop those settings & hence if you want them changed we will charge you extra for that extra time".
Which makes more sense with an aftermarket ECU tune than a head-unit … I don't know if there are even settings they need to maker that the manufacturer didn't?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
The usual reason given is "we don't sell you only the unit, but also the settings in that unit which makes it work properly; and it took us time & money to develop those settings & hence if you want them changed we will charge you extra for that extra time".
Which makes more sense with an aftermarket ECU tune than a head-unit … I don't know if there are even settings they need to maker that the manufacturer didn't?
Just another good reason not to buy it...

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Might be more to protect the unit from being corrupted or tampering with things that should be.

Its the old "Dont press that big red button".... and what does the curious cat do... presses it. Settings could include screen resolutions, firmware wiping, thermal throttle disable ect.. various things the average joe shouldnt tampering with or see really.

I would imagine either a software update or something else will come out soon to resolve the issue.

Id want full access myself, although do understand their perspective if the above is how they perceive it.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
IF you cant remove your google account then you cant sell the car without issues.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I am not sure what they are but 123456 gets you into the extra settings under the vehicle settings option.
if you know any I can try post them and I will test them out.

more on the unit...

another problem I have found is parts of the system don't seem to get network access like settings deep into the google account while the browsers and other apps have network access.
I have not yet tried to sideload an app but if the system is locked down keeping you as a user that option might not be available and if you cant access the google play store you cant update the maps or install your preferred navi application.
you can change the default nav app but if you cant install anything that is pointless.

the play store worked for a short time until it updated and that's where the problem is and uninstalling that update does not fix it.
the nav app(igo) is clunky and froze up many times today while on my way to work.

the radio did start to resume after vehicle restart today but the home screen was still displayed so that was a bit of a win.

I ended up making this cable...
20190818-135337.jpg

20190818-135352.jpg
which is the same as this cable and it works perfectly to retain the factory gps antenna.

you cant retain the factory mic as the kahan unit uses a different type of mic which is a preamp type and the vf uses the old traditional 2 wire mic but you can pop the plastic shell off the aftermarket mic and install it into the spot the factory mic is located because you can remove the factory mic as it is just clipped in.

this is one of the biggest problems...
20190819-090608.jpg
the screen is almost impossible to see it during the day because of a few things.
1: a "dark mode" theme that has a black background, a white(bright) theme is needed for day time.
2: really bad glare/reflection on the screen so some sort of antiglare film is needed.
3: not enough brightness in the backlight of the screen.
this is bad because a lot of the time you cant see the reverse cam properly.

my dab+ module I ordered with it does not pickup any channels so I need to double check it I think.

I am not ready just yet to give up on it and I am still waiting for them to respond to my request for the passwords or a solution to the unit not letting me have admin access.

Last edited:

dah_man_ben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Mazda 6
2: really bad glare/reflection on the screen so some sort of antiglare film is needed.

I am sure that an early video that I watched of this on Facebook or Youtube from Kayhan (when they were still testing it), the guy specifically said that the test unit very reflective but the final units won't be and will have an anti-glare screen on them. So dunno what happened to that idea?