Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kayhan Mylink Replacement Hands on(info)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

RMO

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport Edition with W407
Hi All,

Thanks for the awesome info on this - especially Stooge.

I feel like a complete goose... Bought a unit from Kayhan in December with extras. All up around $1400. Still unopened in box. I wish I had seen this thread first. Now not sure if I should push on and try it or return it and wear a big restock cost (I think it's like 25% now that its been more than a month).

Is anyone actually using this regularly and is happy with it?

Cheers
RMO

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
If you want to return it you can return it on the basis that it makes the vehicle unsafe by limiting the ability to see the reverse camera in sunny/bright lighting conditions.

As far as i know in most cases it is illegal for them to charge you a "restocking fee" in australia but if you can get that in writing from them and it does turn out that it is illegal you will find if you point out to them that it is illegal and you are involving the government you will see a full refund magically appear.

https://www.qld.gov.au/law/your-rig...-warranties-refunds/when-you-can-get-a-refund

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@RMO, read the choice consumer rights and your rights on refunds and returns

The kicker in ACL is that with a major fault, it’s becomes your choice of remedy including asking for a full refund. The article above states

There is a major failure with a product when:

• you would not have purchased it had you known about the problem

Since the unit has known issues with screen glare making it impossible to see the screen which was unknown to you at the time, had you known you wouldn’t have bought it - thus major fault under ACL = full refund of what you paid (and no deduction for restocking, post and such bullshit ;) )

In general, if no fault exists (under ACL) and it’s just buyer change of mind, a seller can’t charge a restocking fee unless such conditions and fees were stated at point to of sale :rolleyes:

KLoNe

Reaction score
Members Ride
6.2L V8 Phantom VF2 Calais-V
What is this sorcery?!

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Now that looks promising! Hopefully CarPlay too.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Every time he touches the AC it changes back to the old interface. It looks like 2 different operating systems in one. Not a fan.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Every time he touches the AC it changes back to the old interface. It looks like 2 different operating systems in one. Not a fan.
Android Auto is Android Auto and Mylink is Mylink , if your going to have Android Auto on Mylink this is what you get isn't it ?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
What is this sorcery?

my guess is a hd link box or box like it that sits in between the mylink base unit and the screen which gives you a hdmi 2 gvif port which allows you to use the mylink screen as a display and plugin android boxes etc.
in one video he is using smart view(screen share) from the phone to a reciever box which would probably be android powered.
in the other video it looks like he is just using a android box with android tv installed on it which is probably the same box used to screen share from the phone.

typically you need to use the mylinks "bluetooth audio" or the "aux audio" input for the audio from these boxes and some will not have touch functionality from the mylink screen to the android box and they will use a external remote.

there have been a few iterations of this style of setup with the very early ones being crappy because of the cheap android box used.
envyous customs does one that is similar.

Last edited: