Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kayhan Mylink Replacement Hands on(info)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ Yep, I’ve more faith that TazzI will provide us a solution quicker than Holden will realise some of their customers are unhappy with old maps and MyLink’s lack of AA/AC.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Holden makes more money on importing 10 Trax’s than they’d ever make offering some form of retro MyLink replacement box doohickey ... the Tazzi’s are where it’s at!

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden makes more money on importing 10 Trax’s than they’d ever make offering some form of retro MyLink replacement box doohickey ... the Tazzi’s are where it’s at!
There is plenty of money I n the vehicle manufacturing business but it’s wrapped up in Hollywood accounting methods which make it all seem so expensive and unprofitable. I just don’t buy into such arguments.

It’s lack of vision and customer focus that is the problem here :oops:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
There is plenty of money I n the vehicle manufacturing business but it’s wrapped up in Hollywood accounting methods which make it all seem so expensive and unprofitable. I just don’t buy into such arguments.

It’s lack of vision and customer focus that is the problem here :oops:

That is the corporate way...

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
But the product you're suggesting they come up with isn't really related to "vehicle manufacturing", it's an enhancement part for a fixed (and steadily reducing) set of customers.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
^ These days, infotainment systems are all part of the car building game.

Sadly Holden can’t even be bothered with such a simple task like recompiling their MyLink s/w, so that pandora app which is discontinued, doesn’t stare people in the face every day. It’s such a simple task yet their attitude towards their customers is CBF...

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
^ These days, infotainment systems are all part of the car building game.

Sadly Holden can’t even be bothered with such a simple task like recompiling their MyLink s/w, so that pandora app which is discontinued, doesn’t stare people in the face every day. It’s such a simple task yet their attitude towards their customers is CBF...

Now you're just nit pickin' for the sake of nit pickin', on a model that has been out of production for 2 years...
There are a few other screens that you can stare at, but maybe be you should be looking out the windscreen instead.
Pretty sure current Mylink systems have improved with each new model...

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Now you're just nit pickin' for the sake of nit pickin', on a model that has been out of production for 2 years...
No not nit picking at all.

I just believe that companies with a strong customer focus do better in the long term that ones that don’t give a toss. And Holden doesn’t even give a toss at doing the simplest thing like removing pandora... that should say enough for their contempt towards their customers.

I also find it odd that vehicle manufacturers spend big dollars per vehicle in an sports sponsorship (advertising) budget yet are too cheap to do something that could arguably be classified as a safety improvement for their customers current vehicle.

I remember about a few years ago the news said how much Jeep spent on sports sponsorship (millions) and a week later a report on Jeep sales data (pitiful). Simple division resulted in an inescapable conclusion that each Jeep owner paid handsomely for the privilege of ownership while also paying exorbitant spare parts prices.

This just reinforces my view that manufacturers have contempt for their customers and it drives their designed obsolescence mindset, their lack of supporting what they sell and their CBF attitude.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I just believe that companies with a strong customer focus do better in the long term that ones that don’t give a toss. And Holden doesn’t even give a toss at doing the simplest thing like removing pandora... that should say enough for their contempt towards their customers.

I agree, but you need to remember one thing, Holden died on the 20th of October 2017...
You're now dealing with GM, with just a skeleton staff of Holden's former workforce around, probably very worried about their future.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
i would suspect that gm/holden does not compile or create the mylink software "in house" and it is probably outsourced to another company.
for them to have the pandora app removed they would probably have to pay a fair amount for that work to be done and as a programmer myself i can tell you that would be 5 minutes of work but the company would want to charge a fair bit because that is how business works.

gm/holden is probably not interested in spending any more money on the vf than they have to so unless something critical happens we will probably not see any updates to the mylink.

these days a lot of companies consider 5 years as EOL for technology.