Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kempy's VH SL/E 355i

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
Do they do complete rubber kits or are they just individual components either way prepare to bend over and lube up lol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
they do complete kits for around $1100 but ive been grabbing bits and pieces over the last year.... with new baileys channels and door rubbers plus extra bits and pieces im up for $700 this time. door seals are $90 each :/

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
**** thats more expensive than I thought.
Should post up some bodywork shots?

RACE5L

Solid cammed
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 355
they do complete kits for around $1100 but ive been grabbing bits and pieces over the last year.... with new baileys channels and door rubbers plus extra bits and pieces im up for $700 this time. door seals are $90 each :/

Buy bailey channels from Clark Rubber.... Cheaper

Reaction score
Members Ride
**** thats more expensive than I thought.
Should post up some bodywork shots?

ill have to get some pics havent taken any for a while.... its in it first coat of primer now hahahah i never thought it would be 1 colour again... cant wait for colour

been thinking instead of a standard light shade of silver for the bottom ill darken it a fair bit .... should look good with the dark blue... any thoughts

Reaction score
Members Ride
Buy bailey channels from Clark Rubber.... Cheaper

will look into it... the bailey channels are only $35 each i think from rare spares so not to bad... door rubbers and windscreen rubbers are the killers

355VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR 355 5spd
I tried Clark rubber bailey channel in my VH wagon but it was not quite right. Ended up buying from Better Auto Rubber. From memory was only around $100.00 to do all for doors with a rubber that is a great fit.

Reaction score
Members Ride
I tried Clark rubber bailey channel in my VH wagon but it was not quite right. Ended up buying from Better Auto Rubber. From memory was only around $100.00 to do all for doors with a rubber that is a great fit.

good tip ill look into them.

Reaction score
Members Ride

all the jams and insides of the doors, boot and bonnet have been painted. doors have been put back on as well as boot and bonnet. final rub down was happening when i left for work so hopefully the outside will be painted tomorrow :) too excited

im keen to lay down a heap of dynamat on the floor before i put the new carpet in. my question is do i remove all the old sound deadner(looks like a fun job) from the floor or can i lay the dynamat over the top to double the sound deadner??

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
lookin pretty straight dude, nicely gapped too by the looks of it.

id say chisel the crusty stuff off and then lay down some more deadener then throw on the dynamat.......I plan on doin the same thing when I get new carpet