Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 Help!!

CookedVy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VY Ute 2003
Hello everyone, I’ve recently just put a l67 in my vy Ute. Got it to start run and drive, However, when I give it a little throttle in neutral or park it hits a dead spot and unless I pump the gas pedal it will stall out on me. Also when I’m driving and come to a stop it will stall out on me. Unless I keep my foot a little down on the throttle it will stall out.

I’ve done a
boost and vacuum test, both passed, checked the tps sensor, that was fine, checked maf sensor which was fine
Checked fuel pump and filter, both fine
Check AIC, which was fine also

When I put a scan tool in I got a o2 sensor code for left and right and leaning out on high load, both o2 sensors were getting around 477mV as detected by the scan tool but then said both o2 sensors were “Not Ready”

Anyone know why? Could that be the reason for the dead spot in the throttle and the stalling when stopping?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Manual or auto?

Have you changed the the tune to suit a supercharged motor?

CookedVy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VY Ute 2003
Manual or auto?

Have you changed the the tune to suit a supercharged motor?
Auto, yes, I’ve had it on the dyno just to get it to a point of where I can drive it to and from places as it’s got a bit of work done to the motor. The dyno place said they tried to tune it out but had no luck

Motors had done
A2A intercooler
20 thou pistons
20psi pulley
Ported heads
Ported charger and snout
Yella terra snout
82 deg thermostat
5% overdrive pulls

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Where is the MAF placed?

Tuning MAF with a full A2A setup can be troublesome.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
That is most likely your issue, there is a huge lag between what the MAF is measuring before the blower and what is happening after the blower, through the A2A and into the LIM. There is one guy I know who's had reasonable success MAF tuning a similar setup and I'm fairly sure he's moved the MAF so it's after the A2A going into the LIM IIRC.

Unfortunately all his stuff was posted on the old L67 Torque forum which died a while ago so I can't bring up any of his build thread to reference.

CookedVy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VY Ute 2003
That is most likely your issue, there is a huge lag between what the MAF is measuring before the blower and what is happening after the blower, through the A2A and into the LIM. There is one guy I know who's had reasonable success MAF tuning a similar setup and I'm fairly sure he's moved the MAF so it's after the A2A going into the LIM IIRC.
Kinda understand what your mean, but what do you mean by LIM IIRC?

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Lower Intake Manifold

If I Remember Correctly

Actually. I've been looking back over some old stuff. He might have had it in the stock location but he ran a A2A/W2A hybrid setup which has much shorter piping.

The user is/was @0081 but I don't think he's been online in very long time.

CookedVy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VY Ute 2003
Lower Intake Manifold

If I Remember Correctly

Actually. I've been looking back over some old stuff. He might have had it in the stock location but he ran a A2A/W2A hybrid setup which has much shorter piping.

The user is/was @0081 but I don't think he's been online in very long time.
Ahh right ahaha, would you know the reason for the o2 sensors not working? They are getting a mV reading but say “Not Ready” for LH and RH on scan tool

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
What scan tool are you using?

O2 sensor not ready is normally during cold start. Engine has to run for a period of time before they are up to operating temp.