Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L77 top radiator hose replacement

Woofa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Be ss thunder
Mine was the same replaced the cap and all good.did you have to bleed the system or top up and go

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I replaced both my hoses top and bottom last week, as the bottom one was weeping, so if you do one, best to do both.
However, the previous time I replaced the top hose, it was split on the top of it were the edge of the MAF unit was rubbing on it, and coolant everywhere, and takes ages to get rid of the smell of it.
because where the hose comes off the top of the tank outlet, goes further back, then drops down, then to the centre, so its likely to rub on the top of the hose, and the underside of the MAF unit, and could cause it to damage the top of the hose,
What I did this time, was cut the top hose back 20mm that fits to the top tank, and then installed it, where you may only need to chop 10mm off it,
So its clears the MAF unit, do a test fitting first.
Then placed a film of gasket cement on the inside of the hoses to make sure they seal a bit better. ;)
PS: To do the bottom hose, pull the front plastic throttle body housing/manifold off, disconnect the thermo fans and remove them,
This will give you a heap of room to work, and make it much easier to position the bottom hose and screw the hose clamp up.

Attachments

• IMG_8101.jpg
    IMG_8101.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_8102.jpg
    IMG_8102.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_8104.jpg
    IMG_8104.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 197
Last edited: