Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking for a hard lid on a VE ssv. Any recommendations?

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Mate at work has a slim line on his 08 V Series SS, and its fantastic!

Not sure where its from, but no problems with bubbling at all.

V8Lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V Z SII MY 12.5
I just sucked it up and payed the full $3000 for Holden to install it, hopefully i make the extra $$$$ back when it comes to resale

V8Lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V Z SII MY 12.5
Also i got the slimline too, twin hump looks awesome but didnt like the way it restricted my view. $3000 was the price for lid + installation and its hooked up to central locking and has a light inside as well

trevt

Reaction score
Members Ride
sv6 ute
Flat top lids have 4 VE styles and come with 3 year warranty, Bryan(at Flat Top) would be very interested to see any flat tops with bubbles,
In my humble opinion some lid styles look better than others depending on the colours and the owners persuations???.
Its better to have twin servo locking rather than x1 unit. Failsafe reasons. otherwise you gotta drill a hole and run a wire into cabin to pull?????(not on my ute)

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Flat top lids have 4 VE styles and come with 3 year warranty, Bryan(at Flat Top) would be very interested to see any flat tops with bubbles,
In my humble opinion some lid styles look better than others depending on the colours and the owners persuations???.
Its better to have twin servo locking rather than x1 unit. Failsafe reasons. otherwise you gotta drill a hole and run a wire into cabin to pull?????(not on my ute)

i take it you have a lid from flat top products?

im gunna place an order in a couple weeks for the central locking twin hump style.

do you happen to have any pics of the brackets, locking tabs, servos and that sorta gear cos im still unsure on if i can install myself, id prefer too.

thanks if you do mate

also as a broad question, my mate had a hardlid fitted to his sv6 ute and has the wiring loom/plug through a grommet on the front wall drivers side of his tray, my ute doesnt have any grommet or sign of a hole, does this mean the loom/plug is hiding behind the plastic liner and i have to drill a hole and dig it out or whats the go?

thanks to anyone with info to help :)