Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking for a new exhaust system for my SS

Nuddy989

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
just look at videos on youtube, find the best ones you like and buy that. we mostly sell xforce at work, never had a complaint from a customer and must say never ever had a complaint.

it comes down to personal preference.

performance wise, doesn't matter what system you go with they're all going to be very similar. 2.5" stainless steal xforce system on supercharged ve making 450rwkw, no problems.

that video the final tune before delivering to customer

also anyone who wants one of these $89,900 brand new full driveline warranty 535fwkw ;) hsv killer :D

EDIT:

my personal car with 2.5" xforce extractors and full exhaust

Last edited by a moderator:

Cocopopz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS MY9.5, VL LS2
Cheers guys, Im more than likely going to use the VCM system with there tri-y style headers. Anyone here have the same system?

Nuddy989

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV

supercharged but has the same exhaust :p the vcm one.

Last edited by a moderator:

WBSV308

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Commodore AFM
G'Day, was just asking ? Too Quiet for an SS
I have a 2010 VE AFM SS Commodore :
id like to know if you could help point me in the right direction, with getting the right exaust for my car! , its way too quiet, like to hear the car roar when useing sports box/tiptronic mode... ?

Also having trouble with ABS light/ Traction ctrl, wheel speed sensors...

Thanks

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Rapid exhaust DG pipes for $350 will do the trick. Order them online, on ebay or buy from shop in Wollongong if you're nearby. Straight pipe sound with minimal drone. Sounds best when you've got the autobox in manual mode. Enjoy!

Castlo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Sorry for hijacking a thread but didn't want to start a new one for one question

Looking at installing a 3" cat back from di filippo on my 2010 ve ss ute (manual) still running stock headers and cats for now as the 3 year platinum used car mechanical warrenty was too good to change the whole exhaust and give it up.

It looks like it doesn't bolt straight on, what have other people done to make it fit?

Cheers

Matt

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
Your best bet is ring a exhaust shop or DPE himself. They should have intermediate pipe assmeblies from the catback to the stock headers, othersie your will have to get it made up at a exhaust shop.

Castlo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Called them yesterday all I do is ask for a marry up pipe to the stock cats for no extra cost :) cheers for your reply

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
I just picked up a manual VE SS that has an Xforce cat back exhaust fitted. Not sure if it's 2.5 or 3 inch, but there is a fair bit of drone at higher speeds in 5th gear. It's also quite noisy in the back seat. Exhaust sounds great though.

SSexy-1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SSV Series 2 Ute
I just picked up a manual VE SS that has an Xforce cat back exhaust fitted. Not sure if it's 2.5 or 3 inch, but there is a fair bit of drone at higher speeds in 5th gear. It's also quite noisy in the back seat. Exhaust sounds great though.

Yeah I've got a 2.5inch staino xforce catback with 1 3/4 Tri-y genie headers and 200cell high flow cats on a 2012 VE SSV ute manual, so drone is very little to none, sounds pretty good imo, and a few others have said it sounds good too, and not too loud once it's warmed up unless you boot it, anyway, you can just changed down to 4th for a better sound :D or change up to 6th and shouldn't drone as much