Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's house build 5 years in the making

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Looks fantastic, as said a great place and I'm sure feel to chill.
You can't beat a great outdoor area and with views like you have.
Being in my place for almost 11 years, can't believe it took me until 2015 to put in big sliding door and covered deck, love it , spend heaps of time out on it ( so relaxing ) and I don't have the veiws you do

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Well about 2 weeks ago the council building inspector came out and passed the house without any additional requirements. Yay so finally I can relax and today I received the certificate of completion in the mail. I still need to finish off things, I still need doors on the pantry and linen press, fences all round, and a bobcat in to level the area behind the house to the pizza oven. Not sure when I will get around to those job as I'm looking at 700 bucks for cupboard doors. Probably $400 for a bobcat and fences $4-5k I suspect. I have started the front fence and just need a few days off work to be able get the palings on and oiled. I have the palings but not the oil and be looking at 100 bucks for oil. Front fence may or may not be done this year, unless I can sell something. I have a few old Jeep parts that I'm trying to offload without success so far.
With the trip to Adelaide I need to not spend anything on the house until I get back as I may need money for ute parts if I can get a decent deal on the few bits I need from Adelaide wreckers that are just too hard to source down here. Plus I won't get back to SA in a while so the RD 400 needs a fair bit spent on it and I won't know how much until I get the bill. I'm hoping he can reshape the heads for under $500 but I need to allow $600 just in case.

Next stage though is to find a block of land near Launceston and get a big arse shed at least 12m x 9m erected so I can move my tools and equipment closer to town, which will make working on the ute a lot easier. Only issue is trying to find a decent 1000m2 block under $100k is proving to be a major challenge..

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Well about 2 weeks ago the council building inspector came out and passed the house without any additional requirements. Yay so finally I can relax and today I received the certificate of completion in the mail.

Excellent !

All the rest will come in good time.

Your neighbours aren't up for half the fencing cost ? We would like to do our fencing.....quotes are around $10k all in.

We've been renovating our place in stages over the last 3 years.....and that is just the inside.

Aside from installing the outdoor theatre, fixing the retic and some gardening, we've done nothing outside. So much painting to be done :(.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
$4-5k would be my share of the fences lol. Then you need to neighbour to pay his share before erecting it, otherwise I might never get it. I know it's law to go halves but if it means court then I would pay for a fence twice over.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
$4-5k would be my share of the fences lol. Then you need to neighbour to pay his share before erecting it, otherwise I might never get it. I know it's law to go halves but if it means court then I would pay for a fence twice over.

Similar position to us then.

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
Fantastic effort mate, just read this entire thread all 5 pages. You should be very proud of your achievement.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
20181016_153112_resized.jpg
built a front fence over the last couple of days. I was about 60 screws short so i couldn't quite get it finished. Pailings are all nailed off i just need to add a few screws on the bottom run.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
What is being built nextdoor ?