Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's New House Build

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just got up and finished the top bracing. I found an 90deg angle bracket in one of my tubs last night. At some point I will dyno bolt the bottom of the post to the slab. At the moment I have x2 500mm 70x45s screwed to the base. No hurry as it will be a long time before it ever gets used, if I ever do. Been a few years since I have pulled an engine and TBH I don't know if I could be bothered anymore, especially considering how little spare time I now have.
20220730_172551_resized.jpg

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Just got up and finished the top bracing. I found an 90deg angle bracket in one of my tubs last night. At some point I will dyno bolt the bottom of the post to the slab. At the moment I have x2 500mm 70x45s screwed to the base. No hurry as it will be a long time before it ever gets used, if I ever do. Been a few years since I have pulled an engine and TBH I don't know if I could be bothered anymore, especially considering how little spare time I now have.
View attachment 240660
Back the ute or trailer under the block & tackle & use it to lift something heavy, or something on a pallet. Lift whatever you have, drive the ute out or ute & trailer. Lower onto something you can push easily out of the way ( ex. pallet with caster wheels on it. Whatever?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Back the ute or trailer under the block & tackle & use it to lift something heavy, or something on a pallet. Lift whatever you have, drive the ute out or ute & trailer. Lower onto something you can push easily out of the way ( ex. pallet with caster wheels on it. Whatever?
Yeah, that's a good use for it. I still need to clear that side of the shed out, before anything can happen. That big outdoor table I want out, but I need to clear coat the patio slab before that happens. But to do that I need to clear it off, acid wash it and hit it with the pressure cleaner. Probably get around to that in a couple of months time.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, that's a good use for it. I still need to clear that side of the shed out, before anything can happen. That big outdoor table I want out, but I need to clear coat the patio slab before that happens. But to do that I need to clear it off, acid wash it and hit it with the pressure cleaner. Probably get around to that in a couple of months time.
You only clear that side temporarily, when you need to use it (the block & tackle). Maybe once this year, then maybe not for another 5 years?
But if you have it, you can use it. Like the hoist.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Been a few years since I have pulled an engine and TBH I don't know if I could be bothered anymore, especially considering how little spare time I now have.
I’d have thought with a hoist, the go to method is to use the hoist and lift the car off the engine & gearbox rather than lifting the engine out of the car :p

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
I’d have thought with a hoist, the go to method is to use the hoist and lift the car off the engine & gearbox rather than lifting the engine out of the car :p
Lower the kframe with the engine trans all together from the body.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lower the kframe with the engine trans all together from the body.
Yes that’s what I meant, remove engine and gearbox with k frame…

But you’d lift car off the power assembly leaving the power assembly resting on a trolly or similar rather than lower the power assembly from a raised vehicle… perspective and tools available I guess… same same but different :p

Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Plan is to clear that side out, so I can get both trailers in there. Then the RD will live on the bike trailer out of the way. ATM it's on the other side of the shed in front of the comp and in front of the step daughter's car. Then I have my three mowers in there as well, plus all my other outdoor equipment.

I really need to get some gear out, so I don't have to move stuff to access certain areas of the shed. I just need the time to get everything done, plus I need the verandah built out the back of the house. I said to the wife that will be next year. I have a few jobs on the go and I need to finish them off before starting on new projects. I reckon by the end of the year I should be on top of most things and can start working out getting a big project like the verandah through council and then get someone in to erect it.

I plan on building another pizza oven, I have the bricks for the base and could probably get the base made for about $200, but yeah I need to finish off what I have on the go first, but should have most of the garden finished in a few weekends time. I have pretty much finished the rear bed. Yesterday I finished filling it with a couple of trailer loads of dirt, today I raked it level. All I have left to do now is finish the top plate. I run out of galv nails. Plan is to get to Mitre 10 this week and grab a pack, and try to get that rear bed finished next weekend.