Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's New Ride

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
More progress. Today I went to True Value and bought 2m of seven core trailer cable. Stripped it down to the individual wire and had all four colours I needed for my new tacho. :) I have coiled them up and tied them up under the dash, ready to be connected over the winter break. Bonus was I was able to use my Mitre 10 giftcard so I didn't even have to spend money from my Marketplace sales. Today I sold some RD heads for $30, so that will cover the cost of a boot for the transom and the fitting I need for the fuel line to connect to the motor. I have buyers lined for more gear, so I may even order the pinchweld sooner than I expected.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Are you using tinned (marine) wire or just regular auto cable?
The auto stuff will work for a while but have more trouble with corrosion and bad contacts than tinned wire. I used to buy tinned wire for my boat from Bias but but they disappeared years ago when, I think from memory, the owner sold out for land value because a buyer wanted the land that several bias stores were sitting on.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just auto cable. It's been fine. The stereo is just a car one, as are the speakers. If it plays up I'll replace it. It doesn't see a lot of sea, mostly lake and rivers.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
More progress, just shampooed the carpet in Taylor. I also ordered two gunwale end caps as there are currently none on Taylor. Plus last night I ordered the motor end, fuel line quick fitting. Had a $5 off eBay voucher for the end caps that expires today, so I thought I need them, so might as well order some. So close now I can almost smell the breeze coming off the river.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Sold a roll of forticon today for $40. I now have Taylor's fuel lines all connected. This Thursday or Friday I'll buy $50 worth of petrol for the boat. Might get it fired up this weekend. I really want to test the new motor out on the next couple of weeks as we're planning a trip up the coast on the March long weekend. Plan is to take the camper and the boat.

Reactions: Lex