Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losing our tradesmen

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Just pointing it out.

Attachments

• Screenshot (13).png
    Screenshot (13).png
    98.8 KB · Views: 146
  • Screenshot (14).png
    Screenshot (14).png
    91.7 KB · Views: 141
  • Screenshot (15).png
    Screenshot (15).png
    92 KB · Views: 131
  • Screenshot (16).png
    Screenshot (16).png
    109.7 KB · Views: 163

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
No noise past 8pm in built up areas by law, so I don't blame them, tell them to put the spare on. If no spare tell them wait till 7am.

Law states, heavy vehicle drivers are NOT permitted touch their wheels......Too heavy. (Do some research) So what would you do in this instance? Transport companies are on a tight schedule to make their delivery to their customers....Are they surposed to tell their customers that they will be 10 hours late, because of a flat tyre?

What would you do, when a road crew have permits to shut roads down for night work and they get a flat tyre? Tell them you'll have to fork out for new permits, because people like me aren't allowed to repair your tyres because of noise restrictions? Then the flow on effects of the public whinging the roads aren't fixed when they were surposed to...Are you going to handle those complaints?

I have also had the pleasure on a few occasions, where I have had to fix a rear backhoe wheel for a council late at night. I surpose the council is going to fine me for fixing their wheel after hours and also delay night works they have permits to do?

Also not sure about your neck of the woods, but there isn't a specific time for noise.....You can whinge at 10 in the morning about the noise being too much and the locals can tell you cease, otherwise face a bill.

Last edited:

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Law states, heavy vehicle drivers are NOT permitted touch their wheels......Too heavy. (Do some research) So what would you do in this instance? Transport companies are on a tight schedule to make their delivery to their customers....Are they surposed to tell their customers that they will be 10 hours late, because of a flat tyre?

What would you do, when a road crew have permits to shut roads down for night work and they get a flat tyre? Tell them you'll have to fork out for new permits, because people like me aren't allowed to repair your tyres because of noise restrictions? Then the flow on effects of the public whinging the roads aren't fixed when they were surposed to...Are you going to handle those complaints?

I have also had the pleasure on a few occasions, where I have had to fix a rear backhoe wheel for a council late at night. I surpose the council is going to fine me for fixing their wheel after hours and also delay night works they have permits to do?

Also not sure about your neck of the woods, but there isn't a specific time for noise.....You can whinge at 10 in the morning about the noise being too much and the locals can tell you cease, otherwise face a bill.
Easy on I'm only stating the law don't shoot the massager, and you never stated trucks and night works with a permit, I think you will find its more to do with the people living in the street not emergency workers.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Easy on I'm only stating the law don't shoot the massager, and you never stated trucks and night works with a permit, I think you will find its more to do with the people living in the street not emergency workers.

Hummm, not just emergency workers......Any heavy vehicle....ie one that is involved in the likes of footpath work, where it is done at night, due to traffic flow during the day....You also have your local delivery truck, that services the local shop....

So just think next time you troddle down to your local shop, what would I do, if the poor local delivery driver has to wait till 7 a.m. for his flat to be changed, and can't deliver your fresh bread/milk or paper, because it's surposed to be law, you can't make a noise after 8 p.m....

Seriously, have a little thought....What copper or council is going to fine someone for doing their job? I suspect you haven't looked to deep into it, before posting...

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Then why are outback truckers changing there own wheels?

Might be due to the remoteness....3 days sitting in the middle of no-where waiting for a tyre fitter.

Now have a little search over regulations relating to heavy vehicle drivers changing their own wheels.....Also have a search about company vehicle drivers changing their own company car wheels. You might be surprised about the b/s regulations

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Because that show has nothing to do with reality, if you watch it more than 5 minutes you will see it's totally staged, unbelievable and over dramatised.

As are all 'reality' shows.
Only seen a few episodes. Did I miss the one where the truckie and his dog have a acrimonious argument and break-up, with the dog storming off into the bush.