Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losing our tradesmen

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
What's weird is that "e-waste" only exists because we insist that electronics have to be renewed every 2 years.

You'd be surprised at how many perfectly good computers get thrown out each time a company does a new shop fitout. When I used to do fitouts for HSBC they'd have to chuck out a bunch of old computers, just for the hell of it, when the Hard drives could be low-level formatted and reconditioned to be reused. Nope, just chuck the whole damn computer out. Scored heaps of good stuff from that job, since they were just going to chuck it all out anyways.

As for phones? Forced redundancy is a total ****. Why the hell should I replace my phone every two years when it works perfectly well, isn't broken, and in fact is completely repairable. If we had this mentality when it came to cars we'd be ******* extinct by now.

What's hilarious is that repairing things is much better for the earth than buying new stuff.