Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering VF2 SSV Redline Sedan

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
That is why I moved the circlip up on my rear Bilstiens even with no fuel it sat level,with a full tank and **** in the boot it would look like it’s dragging it arse on the ground.

Sheppbloke

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
Thanks for the heads up JohnRedline. Certainly appreciate anything that helps to point in the right direction. LS1SS, I looked at Eibachs a while back but was put off by issues others where having with rear ride heights, especially on VF 2's. Paulie81 went back to them a lot of times trying to get them to explain why he had such a large discrepancy from their indicated ride height of 370mm center to Guard all round. He ended up with 360mm at the back and 375mm at the front after it all settled. I thought going to Bilstein shocks and adjusting the rear clips would help overcome that so I'd be keen to see how that went for you. No doubt a great combo ride and handling wise.

JohnRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
580FE686-884A-4C33-A6D1-FBF2E7409CA4.jpeg
Thanks for the heads up JohnRedline. Certainly appreciate anything that helps to point in the right direction. LS1SS, I looked at Eibachs a while back but was put off by issues others where having with rear ride heights, especially on VF 2's. Paulie81 went back to them a lot of times trying to get them to explain why he had such a large discrepancy from their indicated ride height of 370mm center to Guard all round. He ended up with 360mm at the back and 375mm at the front after it all settled. I thought going to Bilstein shocks and adjusting the rear clips would help overcome that so I'd be keen to see how that went for you. No doubt a great combo ride and handling wise.

This is what mine looked like with Eibach pro kit and stock FE3 struts. Ride was crap and so it’s back to original stock FE3 now. When Holden dealer put back the original springs, they found damaged struts. Those stock struts are not matched to the eibach springs according to holden and I think they are right. It didn’t feel right on the road. I am now going to try either pedders sports Ryder shocks with the eibach springs or maybe bilstein with the eibach springs. I just like the support network with pedders. What you guys think? Pedders or bilstein?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
View attachment 204846

This is what mine looked like with Eibach pro kit and stock FE3 struts. Ride was crap and so it’s back to original stock FE3 now. When Holden dealer put back the original springs, they found damaged struts. Those stock struts are not matched to the eibach springs according to holden and I think they are right. It didn’t feel right on the road. I am now going to try either pedders sports Ryder shocks with the eibach springs or maybe bilstein with the eibach springs. I just like the support network with pedders. What you guys think? Pedders or bilstein?

Bilstein's or Koni's.

Sheppbloke

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
I made some enquiries with Pedders around spring rates, shocks etc some time back and didn't get much value out of them from a technical perspective whereas Bilstein, Eibach and H&R gave me heaps of info. I think their workshops are generally pretty good and really helpful, so understand your confidence there but anyone using Bilstein shocks have nothing but praise for their performance. Pretty much says it all I think.

JohnRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
I made some enquiries with Pedders around spring rates, shocks etc some time back and didn't get much value out of them from a technical perspective whereas Bilstein, Eibach and H&R gave me heaps of info. I think their workshops are generally pretty good and really helpful, so understand your confidence there but anyone using Bilstein shocks have nothing but praise for their performance. Pretty much says it all I think.

I do agree. You would have to think bilstein is better than pedders shocks. Pedders told me eibach springs are an excellent match for their sports Ryder shocks but I suppose what else would they say! I’d rather match bilstein with eibach and by the way, the pedders shocks are not that much cheaper. They quoted me $1900 for the shocks installed including new mounts and bearings and I supply the eibach springs.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
I had Bilsteins in my old Subaru Liberty (not factory spec) and they were great. However, I found the service from Bilstein in Sydney (Heasman's I think they are on the Princes Hwy near the airport) to be terrible, where most others have found them great.

JohnRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
I had Bilsteins in my old Subaru Liberty (not factory spec) and they were great. However, I found the service from Bilstein in Sydney (Heasman's I think they are on the Princes Hwy near the airport) to be terrible, where most others have found them great.

That is my worry too. With pedders, warranty is covered at any of the Oz wide outlets. Horses for courses I suppose. Anybody want to swap a white wing spoiler for a black lip spoiler?

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
Having just put Bilstiens and Eibach springs in,Shepbloke is rite,front 375 rear 360 with circlip in the centre groove,put circlip on the top groove and it lifts the rear to 380 with low fuel lite on and empty boot,after the weekend I shall fill up and see measure the height again,when I had just Eibach springs in with std shocks it sat at 370 all round and had a jiggly ride I didn’t like,with Bs and Es in it rides nice,even girl friend noticed it now rides better which surprised me as didn’t know cars had springs.

Sheppbloke

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
Ha Ha, that's gold. At least she isn't given you a hard time about why you changed it :)
When you get a chance, post some pics with is raised at the back, would like to see how that came up. Do you think it has settled yet though?